Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the biggest size.....

91nordic29
    tires that will fit on my stock 2wd duramax with stock rims without rubbing anything?

Jordy
    On a stock wheel??? You can crank the torsions up and clear a 285/75R16, or if that's too tight for you, you can run a 265/75R16 with a little more room. That's what I did on my company truck with just enough crank to level it out.

laveydayz
    On a stock wheel??? You can crank the torsions up and clear a 285/75R16, or if that's too tight for you, you can run a 265/75R16 with a little more room. That's what I did on my company truck with just enough crank to level it out.
    Spend the extra $150-$200 for the Off Road Unlimited torsion keys to level the front. I tried cranking the torsion bars on my '06 2500 and it rode like absolute sh*T. Installed the keys with Bilstien shocks and it rides as good as stock. Now clears 285/75/16 tires with 16x8 wheels. Without the leveling you can clear the 285/75/16 but you will have to trim the plastic airdam below your bumber.

Jordy
    Spend the extra $150-$200 for the Off Road Unlimited torsion keys to level the front.
    Great, another torsion bar thread. So you spent that much money on a set of reindexed keys that you can get from the dealer for like $60??? Hmmm.... :idea:
    Explain to me how having the reindexed keys (and GM makes about 6 of them I believe, all color coded) where the key essentially moves the torsion bars up without having to crank them up with the adjuster screw, is any different than just cranking up the adjuster screw. Ultimately they both do the same thing, right???

life's a river
    I just had 285 75 16's put on my truck yesterday. You need to have 16" x 8" wheels. I don't think they will work with the stock rims.
    My 2 cents.
    PK

laveydayz
    Great, another torsion bar thread. So you spent that much money on a set of reindexed keys that you can get from the dealer for like $60??? Hmmm.... :idea:
    Explain to me how having the reindexed keys (and GM makes about 6 of them I believe, all color coded) where the key essentially moves the torsion bars up without having to crank them up with the adjuster screw, is any different than just cranking up the adjuster screw. Ultimately they both do the same thing, right??? Well I thought the exact same thing but I will tell you from my experience that the ride quality is night and day. When I did crank the torsions they were not even close to being maxed out either?? The cost was including install as well. I still think that cranking these up is the same as the keys as you still have to increase the load on the torsion bars to raise the front? As long as the ride is good im happy.....

Jordy
    Well I thought the exact same thing but I will tell you from my experience that the ride quality is night and day.
    Yeah, you changed shocks out, right??? :idea:
    I still want to know how 2" of torsion bar lift by cranking the torsions is different than 2" of torsion bar lift by putting different keys in. Let me know when you figure that one out.
    I've done both, but I got my keys from the dealer and did them myself, with new shocks and 75K miles later I've had no problems. My company truck, which is a 2wd D-max, has stock keys run in just enough to level it and it's got almost 50K miles on it with no problems and still rides like stock too.

What about an 05' F-150 4x4 with 20' wheels? How tall of a tire can I put there without a rubbing problem? I don't care much for the look of the tries that it currently has.

caroftheweek
    i have run 295/75/16 on my last 3 trucks with stock alloy wheels. i had to trim the front air dam but and bump up the torsion bars a bit. i really liked the ride and it looked good.
    Ryan

ratso
    ...the biggest size...that will fit...without rubbing anything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast