Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1978 Rogers Jet 454 BBC

JoeB
    Price = $5500
    Stock 454 BBC
    Single 750 Holley with Mechanical Secondaries
    Holley Blue Fuel Pump
    B&M Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner (not pictured)
    12JG Berkley Pump w/droop snoot
    Place diverter
    Custom Ride Plate and Intake
    Custom Oil Pan with Baffles
    Original Paint and Interior in decent shape.
    Sunbrella Bimini Top
    Good Interior
    Few scuffs here and there.
    The original Gelcoat could use some polishing to be perfect, and the trailer needs paint, but the interior is in good shape. The boat also needs a new water speedo tube as the old one is dry rotted. I've owned the boat since 1998, and I'm the third owner. The reason I'm selling is because I no longer use it like I once did and storage problems.
    I live in South Central KY (eastern time zone). Feel free to contact me at 606-340-1550.
    Thanks,
    Joe

atxwrangler
    here is a picture of mine, these are great handling and great looking boats! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...86HPIM0635.JPG

JoeB
    ATXWrangler.
    I really appreciate the help with the post. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
    I'm not for sure what a Bonneville is. Sorry. Is that a model of specific type of Rogers? All I know is this boat is definitely a Rogers, but just not for sure what model. I'm just familar enough with jet boats to be dangerous.
    I bought this boat from a gentleman in Arizona without a motor in 1998. He had a 8-71 blown big block 468 in it, and of course I couldn't afford the motor. He claimed that setup had been clocked on radar at 118 mph. I thought he was crazy because most jet boats just don't go that fast, or so I believed. After I put a 454 in it, and it went 72 mph, I was a believer.
    The little boat is setup great. Unbelievable control and ride compared to most jet boats I've ridden in. It measure about 19.5 from tip to transom. Been a while since I measured it. I did take it out this weekend for the first time in about a year. It really makes me think twice about selling it. I'm afraid if I ever want another one, I won't be able to find such a sweet riding machine.
    By the way, how were you able to post those pictures like that? And, you've got a great looking boat yourself. Nice hood ornaments too!!
    Thanks again,
    Joe

atxwrangler
    yea, bonneville is a rogers model.these are great hulls,mine runs 70 with 2 people and an ice chest in it.it's my family boat so that is fast enough!i wouldn't own any other v bottom.on pics, pull up the picture,left click it,goto propertied,click that,highlight and copy the url addy,then go to your post page,click the yellow mountain scene,and paste the address in the box that pops up,and you are done! and you are very welcome!i went to lake havasu to pick up my sweet rogers also,lots of prestine boats there!

JoeB
    Is there a way for me to tell if it's a Bonneville by the serial number? That's about the only identification I can find. I'll try the picture posting soon. Does anyone think I've got the boat priced too high?
    I know it's almost 30 years old, but I think I would be hard pressed to build or find another one of the same calibur. Who knows, I might just keep it since I've now got a pretty good place to hang out with guys who enjoy jet boats as much as I do.
    Seems like all I see on the lakes these days are $50,000 Fountains or Donzi's. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own one and wish I had the means. Cheers to the folks that can. There's just something about jet boats that I think is attractive, plus it's something I can afford. If I had a good place to store my Rogers, I would definitely keep. I've got too many toys to pay storage fees.
    Thanks again for the help.

atxwrangler
    post the serial number or a pic of the back of the boat!please keep the rogers covered!they are not making them anymore.

taylormanss
    bump

JoeB
    Here's some more recent pictures. Atx, I did not get the serial number yet, and I will get a better picture of the back of the boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...2DSC01717s.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...62DSC01715.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...62DSC01718.JPG

atxwrangler
    man, that is a clean boat with original upholstery and everything, i hope someone buys it that will appreciate it! from what i can see,it is a bonneville!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast