Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander 28 Cat

FIREMAN
    Has anyone heard anything about Commanders new 28 Cat? Is there a need to look. I have a Commander 24 Signature now. It's got the step Vee, it's got a 496 mag ho. it's been a good boat for 2 years.
    Just need some feedback before I upgrade..
    Thanks, Dusty

Craig
    Personally I don't think they're bad looking cats. Haven't seen a lot about the efficiency of the bottom though compared with other cats. There's a guy on this board sometimes that has one with a blower motor and a Number 5 drive. Nice looking set up.
    [ March 10, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

bigq
    just talked to steve in the sales office yesterday about the 26' cat. They have a good deal on it, said about low 60k with the 496HO. The 28' was only 4k more. From what I understand they run pretty good. If you do a search on the speed test section it pulls up the 28' and the 26' cat. I like the integrated swim stepsand the look of them, there nice. I had that same 24', I think mine was the 3rd one thay made and used it at the show. Sold it to buy a bigger house. I just don't know about a cat for family use though still trying to decide. A lot of people say it is no problem.I didn't think I would consider a Commander again, but after all the stories and what not with other manufacture Commander seems like a good deal at least Sy always bends over backwards to make the customer happy.Wow this was a long response.

Havasu Luvr
    FireMan, I was a Commander owner twice. 25' then 10 months later I up grade to the 2600LX. I was looking to up grade again middle of last year and Sai gave me a "GREAT" quote for his 32' Signature, a quote no one in their right mind would walk away from. Now? I am having a 29' Shockwave built. Do your homework and shop around. Sometimes alittle more $$$ is worth it. Good luck on your Up-Grade
    [ March 10, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

bigq
    Havasu Luvr:
    FireMan, I was a Commander owner twice. 25' then 10 months later I up grade to the 2600LX. Now? I am having a 29' Shockwave built. Do your homework and shop around. Sometimes alittle more $$$ is worth it. Good luck on your Up-Grade Were you able to sell the 26LX. The new Shockwave looks nice I love the colors.

Havasu Luvr
    Bigg...it solded to a guy from LOTO last week. A low boy should be arriving any day now to transport her back to Missouri. Looking forward to my new Shockwave.
    If you see me on the water, stop by and have a cold one with me

Sandbar Mike
    I test drove the 26 & 28 cats at the Commander Barbque at elsinorte a few years ago. Nice boats, unforunitly the 26 had a 500DPX Volvo Double prop, It still ran around 70mph, but handled well.
    Unfortunitly my buddy Havasu Luvr had nothing but problems with Commander when they couldn't repair his Volvo Problems. He had the drive unit break away from the engine at about 60mph with a full load in the boat, sending the enigine about 6"'s up into the bottum of the engine cover. Very scary situation. For a 2 yr old boat I would think that shouldn't happen. Getting screwd by volvo and commander and being the great repeat customer that he was it cost him 8K to repair. Aftert it was (repaired) it broke agian,it wasn't close to right. Then taking it somewhere else paid for a new starter & head gasket it finally ran well. Shit Dave I hope your buyer doesn't read this. wink j/k I know hes knows everthing.
    HL your to good to Commander after what they put you through. Especially knowing I only listed 50% of the problems you had.
    Things are probably different as long as they're stayn away from Volvo
    My 2 cents, Just venting for HL

STV_Keith
    Dusty, Bill in the LVHB group has one. If you would have been out yesterday, you could have seen it.

bigq
    Sandbar Mike:
    I test drove the 26 & 28 cats at the Commander Barbque at elsinorte a few years ago. Nice boats, unforunitly the 26 had a 500DPX Volvo Double prop, It still ran around 70mph, but handled well.
    Unfortunitly my buddy Havasu Luvr had nothing but problems with Commander when they couldn't repair his Volvo Problems. He had the drive unit break away from the engine at about 60mph with a full load in the boat, sending the enigine about 6"'s up into the bottum of the engine cover. Very scary situation. For a 2 yr old boat I would think that shouldn't happen. Getting screwd by volvo and commander and being the great repeat customer that he was it cost him 8K to repair. Aftert it was (repaired) it broke agian,it wasn't close to right. Then taking it somewhere else paid for a new starter & head gasket it finally ran well. Shit Dave I hope your buyer doesn't read this. wink j/k I know hes knows everthing.
    HL your to good to Commander after what they put you through. Especially knowing I only listed 50% of the problems you had.
    My 2 cents, Just venting for HL Damn!!, I had the same drive VP415 with the DPX drive, never had a problem, well except for the time I tried grinding down a rock with my props. I had a few other problems with the boat, but never had a challenge with getting it fixed, eventually.

Havasu Luvr
    posted 10 March, 2003 11:42 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunitly my buddy Havasu Luvr had nothing but problems with Commander when they couldn't repair his Volvo Problems. He had the drive unit break away from the engine at about 60mph with a full load in the boat, sending the enigine about 6"'s up into the bottum of the engine cover. Very scary situation. For a 2 yr old boat I would think that shouldn't happen. Getting screwd by volvo and commander and being the great repeat customer that he was it cost him 8K to repair. Aftert it was (repaired) it broke agian,it wasn't close to right. Then taking it somewhere else paid for a new starter & head gasket it finally ran well. Shit Dave I hope your buyer doesn't read this. j/k I know hes knows everthing.
    My 2 cents, Just venting for HL Thanks Mike for cleaning it up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast