Thread: Need some opinions....

blownbbf
    on how much power this combo would make.
    Hello IÂ’m new here and I was hoping you guys could give me a hand.
    Have any of you guys noticed that all of BDS blower camshafts are grinded with a 110 lobe center? Why do you think they are doing that? Most all other blower grinds are 114 or so arenÂ’t they?
    Anyways IÂ’ve purchased their camshaft for my engine and was going to throw my combo out to you guys for you all to guess on the power it should make.
    557 cubic inch svo block
    9:1 cr
    edelbrock aluminum heads ported to flow 362 cfm on intake and 224 cfm on ex at .700. Another reference point, 278 cfm int, 180cfm ex at .400
    Camshaft is the bds grind with .645 lift in and .665 exh
    264 duration int at .050
    272 duration exh at .050
    bds 871 stage2 blower overdriven 10percent hoping for 12 pounds boost
    Two 1320 cfm holley dominators
    c12 fuel
    ?????
    Thanks in advance
    PS This is a car engine
    [This message has been edited by blownbbf (edited June 05, 2002).]

blownbbf
    IÂ’m checking back here waiting for some responses and something just hit me.
    You guys hate car guys on your site donÂ’t ya? lol. I hope not, you all you guys with the blower motors could be great help to me. I might have to get another name and say I have a boat. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Heatseeker
    What kind of fuel are you planning to run? With 9:1 and 12 lbs. of boost, it better be sweet. You should be making some serious power. You could pick up a copy of Desktop Dyno and find out close to where your HP is at. I'll try to run it for you in the next day or two and let you know what the results are.

Heatseeker
    What kind of fuel are you planning to run? With 9:1 and 12 lbs. of boost, it better be sweet. You should be making some serious power. You could pick up a copy of Desktop Dyno and find out close to where your HP is at. I'll try to run it for you in the next day or two and let you know what the results are.

mister460
    9:1 and 12 lbs is quite alot of cylinder pressure. I'd start at about 5 lbs and see how you like it. Race fuel gets pretty expensive. If you've got a stout bottom end it could probably take it with really high octane gas and a good boost retard. But hen again, your cam has ALOT of duration so it might bleed off enough pressure to make it work. Sounds like a decent combo and I wish you luck.