Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 496 Mag Exhaust Manifolds, Performance?

Beer-30
    Pull your flame arrester every now and then and you will see if there is evidence of reversion. It will be blackened slightly around the inlet of the TB.

Sotally Tober
    My exhaust is corsa. They exhaust above the water line on the side. No "S" in my exhaust. But when the corsa is closed it is run through the drive. Is there much of a chance of reversion? Is it safe to remove the turbulators in this application. Its a HO. There are spacer between my manifolds and risers. They are about 4"-6". Does anyone know of any tall headers? Or are new manifolds my only option? Always looking for some more ponies as my boat is a heavy pig!

shadow
    Pull your flame arrester every now and then and you will see if there is evidence of reversion. It will be blackened slightly around the inlet of the TB.
    Come on now Beer 30.It took you 6 months to figue you had a bad IAC.Who you trying to kid?
    AHHH Just ****in with you. :rollside:
    Like i said before turbs have been out for probablly 60 hrs.When i went through my engine there were no signs of reversion.But it only takes a minute to pull a couple of plugs to double check after an idle through Thompson bay.

Beer-30
    5 months and 3 weeks. Let's not exaggerate! :boxed:

Havasu47
    My exhaust is corsa. They exhaust above the water line on the side. No "S" in my exhaust. But when the corsa is closed it is run through the drive. Is there much of a chance of reversion? Is it safe to remove the turbulators in this application. Its a HO. There are spacer between my manifolds and risers. They are about 4"-6". Does anyone know of any tall headers? Or are new manifolds my only option? Always looking for some more ponies as my boat is a heavy pig!
    When the flaps are closed forcing the exhaust through the prop it creates a lot of back pressure. Most of the time this will cause reversion. If you use the Captains Call I would not suggest removing the turbulators The spacers are Mercruiser and are 6". They are designed to keep the elbow above the water line in a deep hull. I am not aware of anyone making a 6' tall one piece tail pipe for the 496 manifold. If you go to aftermarket manifolds you will likely have a problem with water entering the engine while parked because of the heighth of the elbow. Check your waterline compared to the bottom of the bend on the tail pipe.
    Hey Darryll (sp) we'll see you this summer for sure. I'll have a cold one for you

Sweet Addiction
    Ok Fellas, I went against Shadow's rule of fix it first with the prop, I ordered a set of EMI headers and risers should be here end of next week. I am going to make some passes myself with no one on board, take some notes of my RPMs fuel and GPS Speed. Then I am going to add the new EMI headers and risers and take more notes. I am not hoping for a miracle but anything helps, plus its a start. I will let you guys know in about a week and a half.

Beer-30
    Ok Fellas, I went against Shadow's rule of fix it first with the prop, I ordered a set of EMI headers and risers should be here end of next week. I am going to make some passes myself with no one on board, take some notes of my RPMs fuel and GPS Speed. Then I am going to add the new EMI headers and risers and take more notes. I am not hoping for a miracle but anything helps, plus its a start. I will let you guys know in about a week and a half.
    Bless your heart.
    I still plan on doing the roller rocker thing, so I will probably be next up.

Sweet Addiction
    Bless your heart.
    I am real spontaneous to there is not telling what I will do next!!! does a model or single girl come with those headers? Damn this sucks.

Sweet Addiction
    Bless your heart.
    I think I will probably try the rockers next. Maybe mid summer I will throw those in.

Beer-30

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast