Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searchlight, NV Property

Raisin Wake
    What's your opinion on buying property in Sarchlight, NV? Anybody now what the town is like?

locogringo
    keep "searching" somewhere else...

Mohave Vice
    Not sure. This area will take off, just don't know when. No better area en Nohave than Cottonwood. I'd sure like to buy the motel at Cottonwood Marina.

Raisin Wake
    keep "searching" somewhere else...
    Why? Is there something we should know about Searchlight?

Playbuoy
    Not sure. This area will take off, just don't know when. No better area en Nohave than Cottonwood. I'd sure like to buy the motel at Cottonwood Marina.
    That's gonna take some time and a lot of development.
    Searchlight is a super small, old-school town. Great place to launch, but buying property? What's the cost per sq ft?

Raisin Wake
    That's gonna take some time and a lot of development.
    Searchlight is a super small, old-school town. Great place to launch, but buying property? What's the cost per sq ft?
    Well, I've seen lots for $100,000 that are about 6500 sq feet. This is a walled lot with all utilities present and ready to go.

beaverretriever
    It will be a long time before any kind of appreciation will set in on those properties. The problem with that area is almost everything around it is BLM land. What that means to you as a land/home buyer is; until BLM releases more property to the public there will be little or no commercial building (eg. Home Depot, super markets, etc). Without that development there will not be the want or need for people to buy or move there.
    95% of people in the U.S. want convenience that is why most people live in or near a large city.
    Good luck.

shueman
    Well, I've seen lots for $100,000 that are about 6500 sq feet. This is a walled lot with all utilities present and ready to go.
    Way, way too much for the dirt out there....

djunkie
    You can get a bigger lot than that in Havasu for the same price if not less.

DILLIGAF
    I would be concerned about property theft out there. You would have to alarm your alarm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast