Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ugh!....Another Havasu Channel Fatality !!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Apparently an 8 to 10 year old boy drowned while playingÂ…..
    The Channel was closed down for a couple hours late in the day while they searchedÂ…..
    They found the boy a while laterÂ…Â…
    Anyone know anything else ?
    Very sadÂ….
    R.I.P.
    CJG
    :frown:

Biglue
    How upsetting. There is way too many of these accidents happening so early in the season. Most of them have invloved young children. My heart goes out to the family.

OutCole'd
    :frown: :frown:

Boatcop
    Latest News:
    WEB EXTRA: Boy, 10, dies in Bridgewater Channel; Body of missing boater found
    BY DAVID BELL
    Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:11 PM MDT
    At approximately 5:45 p.m. Saturday, Lake Havasu City Police rescue divers searching the Bridgewater Channel recovered the body of Austin Tyler Patin, 10, of Mission Hills, Calif. Cause of death is pending investigation.
    The boy was reported missing just after 3 p.m., last seen in the water near his family's boat beach on the mainland side of the south Channel near the inlet of Thompson Bay.
    It's the fifth death on Lake Havasu this year, the sixth on the Colorado River. In February a 67-year old California woman died when her watercraft crashed into the lake's shoreline, in April a 14-year old Washington boy died in a two-boat collision near Site Six and during Memorial Day weekend a 17-year old girl died on the river near Circle Beach when she reportedly turned her personal watercraft in front of an oncoming boat.
    The body of David Ramsey, 54, of Riverside, Calif. was recovered Saturday. He went missing following the collision of two boats on June 3 near Jopps Harbor Cove. And last weekend 13-year-old Juan Cortez drowned in the designated swimming area of London Bridge Beach Park. Investigations in the circumstances surrounding both Ramsey's and Cortez's death are ongoing.
    For more information, see Sunday's print edition of Today's News-Herald.

lalhc
    Very sad news. We, as parents, always have to be aware of our children when around water.

Jyruiz
    Very sad, our prayers go out the them.

25Elmn8r
    Exactly the news I didn't want to hear tonight. We were there praying they would find him anywhere but the water. Sad Sad news.
    Rest in Peace Austin!

RitcheyRch
    Such sad news. Too many deaths.

shueman
    Sad news indeed.... :cry:
    But WTF is going on down there that these kids are drowning...?? :220v:

Midlife Advantage
    had to wonder. WTF? I am coming out next weekend with my niece and two of her friends, I will be on pins and needles all weekend, just trying to keep them outta trouble and alive. Can't we all just be safe?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast