Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so SCREWED...UPS or Raylar

26Daytona
    Sorry to get on here and vent. But I'm fu**ed and it was no fault of my own.
    I'm building a Raylar 600 and once again the story changes from what I'm told from Raylar.
    I'm having a GM Master Tech help me with the assembly of the externals on my motor. Last week the owner of the GM dealership where it's being worked on sold the dealership and said I had to have my motor out of there by today. I try to get a hold of Ray all week to get my intake manifold, come to find out he's on vaction. No big deal, it would be nice if there is someone else to talk to when he is gone, but it's not my company.
    Ray calls me on Friday saying he's back, I ask if he can over night the intake manifold so I can have it Monday, no problem he says. I run down to my bank get the money plus the $200.00 to overnight it, put it in his bank and try to call a couple of times to confim that it would be shipped on Friday, no answer. This is at 2:59. I don't get a call back so I assume all is well.
    I take the day off from work today and let the owner of the dealership know I will be there today to finish the motor and get it out of there and guess what ? No manifold...
    I call Ray ask if it went out on Friday and the answer is no, UPS never came by to get it. Did I get a call letting me know, no.
    So, now I'm on way up to the dealership to take my motor to god knows where to try to find a place that will let me keep it there until next week until I can finish it. Where ever it is, I hope someone has the tools that I need, because I don't.
    This is bullshit.

Kilrtoy
    This is gonna get interesting fast

caroftheweek
    when i worked for a company that did alot of shipping, if someone wanted overnight shipping and was paying for it, we would do anything in our power to get it out. if UPS had already picked up or was not going to pick up we would take it somewhere to get it out. if we could not get it out for what ever reason, we would call the customer tell them there is just no way to do it.
    So in this instance i think the fault lays with Raylar. did not get out and did not call you.
    Ryan

26Daytona
    when i worked for a company that did alot of shipping, if someone wanted overnight shipping and was paying for it, we would do anything in our power to get it out. if UPS had already picked up or was not going to pick up we would take it somewhere to get it out. if we could not get it out for what ever reason, we would call the customer tell them there is just no way to do it.
    So in this instance i think the fault lays with Raylar. did not get out and did not call you.
    Ryan
    That's the way I have always done business too. Call the customer if you can't do what you say you can.

26Daytona
    I just got back from the dealership and I can't keep it there another week. I don't have a clue where to put this engine, it weighs a shitload. I have to borrow my buddies truck and trailer,move it to some where I can store it for a week. Try to find someone with the tools I need to finish it, and then take it to Day Island Boat Works to be installed. All becasue what I told was going to happen didn't. **** I'm pissed.
    I want this whole Raylar thing over...

Lightning
    I just got back from the dealership and I can't keep it there another week. I don't have a clue where to put this engine, it weighs a shitload. I have to borrow my buddies truck and trailer,move it to some where I can store it for a week. Try to find someone with the tools I need to finish it, and then take it to Day Island Boat Works to be installed. All becasue what I told was going to happen didn't. **** I'm pissed.
    I want this whole Raylar thing over...
    Why not bring the motor to the boat shop? Are they full service, maybe they can get it taken care of? You would think someone at the dealership would have let you know that they were selling the place - it's not like that transaction took place overnight with a debit card. Raylar dropped the ball with not sending the product out in time, but also some others at fault for so many last minute changes......

26Daytona
    Why not bring the motor to the boat shop? Are they full service, maybe they can get it taken care of? You would think someone at the dealership would have let you know that they were selling the place - it's not like that transaction took place overnight with a debit card. Raylar dropped the ball with not sending the product out in time, but also some others at fault for so many last minute changes......
    Actually...Nobody knew they were selling the dealership. My wife and mother in law worked there for 15 years and just found out last week that they are unemployed as of July 1st. And no, you don't buy a 6.5 million dollar dealership with a debit card, and no you don't announce it to anyone until the deal is done either.
    Day Island is a full service dealership, but I'm not letting them work on my motor. I see how most dealerships treat things, and I don't want any of the paint, powdercoat or anodizing scratched. I feel better about doing things myself.

voodoomedman
    Ryan
    Yes exactly. We don't miss pickups on purpose. We are not perfect but we are darn good. Our drivers are the best in the industry. And if we did miss a pickup all it takes is a phone call and it will be taken care of. If one of my customers calls me to let me know that they haven't seen their driver I am on the phone with operations and it will be taken care of. If we screw up we will take the responsibility but if someone screws up don't use us as a scapegoat.

26Daytona
    If we screw up we will take the responsibility but if someone screws up don't use us as a scapegoat.[/QUOTE]
    My thoughts exactly

GHT
    Use to work at UPS and still use them to ship. If someone had remembered or really wanted to make the "next day air" they could have easily gone to a pick up point or to the main hub. Been there done that many times. These places will usually be good for next day air pick up all the way until 4:30 pm and if they have an Airport terminal they are good for a little longer, maybe even 5:00 pm.
    Just my .02 to help get the sh1t stirred.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast