Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2x4 or 4x4

dm25advantage
    i have friend that is in the market of a new truck and he is towing 21 ski boat. i have been telling to get a 4x4 instead of 2x4.for those steep ramp. whats everybody 2 cent.

djunkie
    4x4 all the way. You never know when your gona need it. And the first time it saves you it pays for itself.

NOTALENT
    Go 4x4 always comes in handy...

cc322
    Always had 4x4 always will tell your friend to get it if he uses One time he will be a happy man

HOOTER SLED-
    I have a 21' jet boat that I haul with a 2WD Suburban. Have no problems at all. Been on a few steep ramps no probs. Like Castaic. Also at Telephone Cove at Mojave which is dirt. Knock on wood no probs there too. I would like to have 4WD now though. Just to have for the desert for dirt bike riding and access. BUt as far as regular launching with that size boat. NOt a problem.

Old Texan
    i have friend that is in the market of a new truck and he is towing 21 ski boat. i have been telling to get a 4x4 instead of 2x4.for those steep ramp. whats everybody 2 cent.
    Spend the money and go 4X4.

rrrr
    I have a 2WD EX with a limited slip diff. Boat weighs 6,000 lbs, no problemo.
    But I guess it really depends on if you want to do something else with the truck. No hills, mountains, snow, or sand around here. Don't need 4WD.

H20 Toie
    You should never need 4x4 for that small of a boat but it is always nice to have.

Flying Tiger
    4x4 all the way. You never know when your gona need it. And the first time it saves you it pays for itself.
    Yep.. as good as reason as any.
    I have limited slip too,, and then still,, the 4x4 saves the day. A major BFD.
    Also,, it's essential at the dunes pulling your rig to/from the campsite across the sand.
    He must dune,, Hot Boaters invented duneing, like rockers invented drugs, it's madatory.
    Ya get the upfront expense of the 4x4 back when ya sell it.
    If it's a $1400 option new,, it'll juice the resale $1400.
    In some frames of mind,, it's a free option.

BADBLOWN572
    4X4 all the way. First time you need it, you will be VERY happy that you spent the extra money.
    My truck is on '04 and I have used it probably about 10x. If I am on a steep ramp with a heavy boat, use it. You may not need to, but since you have it, why stress over if you can get traction to pull it out. I mainly use it whenever we go to the sand. Switch it to 4x4 and head on out. Never gotten stuck yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast