Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The media lied. Miners died.

HighRoller
    Where are the apologies from the media outlets about running the "miners alive" story when it was unconfirmed? They are all hiding and justifying their irresponsible tactics by claiming they were given "bad information". Hmm. That excuse didn't work for Bush, but now they want a pass? What a bunch of hypocrits. In typical media fashion, they have chosen to deflect the blame by coming down on the mining company like a ton of bricks for not "correcting" the facts for three hours. Excuse me, but the mining company was not responsible for spreading the rumor....

Media sucks. It's all about breaking the story first so the ad dollars flow. They could care less about accuracy if they can get away with a big break and blame it on someone else if it proves false.
    Even worse is their "selective" reporting on issues such as Iraq. Body counts are big headlines daily. None of the + stuff is ever heard about for the most part. Ask a soldier if you want the truth about what's happening in Iraq.

Blown 472
    Where are the apologies from the media outlets about running the "miners alive" story when it was unconfirmed? They are all hiding and justifying their irresponsible tactics by claiming they were given "bad information". Hmm. That excuse didn't work for Bush, but now they want a pass? What a bunch of hypocrits. In typical media fashion, they have chosen to deflect the blame by coming down on the mining company like a ton of bricks for not "correcting" the facts for three hours. Excuse me, but the mining company was not responsible for spreading the rumor....
    So the media killed them? pretty lame there.

OutCole'd
    I agree, the media is biased & sucks ass, but I believe the families heard from the people in charge of the search & rescue during a briefing, not from the media.
    If I was given the wrong information, I can deal with it. I feel for the families that were put through absolute hell.

Steve 1
    The blame rests with Hatfield Too he should of stopped it ! When you are a Boss or Owner that is your job like it or not!

HighRoller
    Yet another weak attempt to misdirect what I was saying into something stupid. Well, Blown, you are the king of all things stupid. Gotta hand it to you. You better get going now. I'm sure CodePink is having an online hourly "BushLied" vigil/circle jerk you have to attend.

Old Texan
    Missed the point again, for whatever your reason. Media killed no one, just caused a lot of souls added grief in the time of suffering for their loved ones welfare.
    But I suppose we need to let them slide as it's their "right" to free speech. If the media would learn the difference between "free speech" and "responsible speech" our world would be a far better place. Unfortunately they have no spines and travel irresponsibly further down the food chain, sucking up more slime and burning more valuable air.

Old Texan
    I agree, the media is biased & sucks ass, but I believe the families heard from the people in charge of the search & rescue during a briefing, not from the media.
    If I was given the wrong information, I can deal with it. I feel for the families that were put through absolute hell.
    I have heard someone overheard one side of a phone coversation, made some wrong assumptions, and false hopes spread like wildfire.

Blown 472
    Yet another weak attempt to misdirect what I was saying into something stupid. Well, Blown, you are the king of all things stupid. Gotta hand it to you. You better get going now. I'm sure CodePink is having an online hourly "BushLied" vigil/circle jerk you have to attend.
    Yup, rather then pulling at straws for a this??

HighRoller
    Go grab a dictionary and a thesaurus and head to Manuel's house so you can help him pump out some more political fiction. That's funny shyt he writes. Very entertaining. Like a 5 year old telling a story about OZ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast