Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The media lied. Miners died.

HM
    Luckily, the families directly involved knew what was really going on.
    I think it is good that the real news did not come out for hours to show the media's true colors. Since the direct familys really did not suffer, the suffering was the general public of realizing the media sucks. Also, the reason NO information was given to the media by the people directly involved and why the media was denied access to anything even close to the mine is that this is a small town that didn't trust the media.......and the media proved why they can't be trusted.
    Blown, I think you missed the point that these guys actually agreed with your views about the media, although they would never admit to agreeing with you, and would never be interested in finding out what you really believe since you serve up so much bait. Stevo won't believe that his beloved fox people are wh0res, but it works for him.
    Hopefully this event will help journalism get in a direction more to what they once were. Thinks these guys will trust the AP without looking at the sources and doing their own due dilligence on stories? The media used to take AP stories as the start of their investigation, and eventually treated them as fact and ended up being the only thing they did on many stories. Since the AP obviously has shown they aren't worth a shit, now they all have to go back to work - finally.

Steve 1
    Wrong gee I was watching the guy who owned the mine!! Next nice piece of misinform!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    So the media killed them? pretty lame there.
    No, try "One of the more dangerous jobs in America killed them" .... but already several whack-jobs are blaming the Pres! Gezzzzzzzzzz!

HM
    Wrong gee I was watching the guy who owned the mine!! Next nice piece of misinform!!
    The owner is appologizing, but again, all the media's info was from an over heard statement of someone who was not an official nor a direct family member. I personally wouldn't appologize for crap, but that is me. I'd taken the milk crate would have said the media should be ashamed of themselves.

Steve 1
    The owner is appologizing, but again, all the media's info was from an over heard statement of someone who was not an official nor a direct family member. I personally wouldn't appologize for crap, but that is me. I'd taken the milk crate would have said the media should be ashamed of themselves.
    What the hell are you talking about first it was Ann Coulter in the mine spreading rumors now what Bush blew up the mine ?? Answer this what caused the church bells to ring?? I know Rove did that!!

tcook33
    Why is it the medias fault? Is evryone here assuming that the media made unfair assumptions? Does anyone have proof that the media leaked an untrue story without evidence to back it up? I know the media is a joke MOST of the time, but come on.....are these fair assumptions?
    Maybe....just maybe...an official made the mistake and the media ran with it......I don't know the facts and I doubt anyone here does. Just adding my .02

HM
    What the hell are you talking about first it was Ann Coulter in the mine spreading rumors now what Bush blew up the mine ?? Answer this what caused the church bells to ring?? I know Rove did that!!
    Really bud, try subscribing to some reality. Turn off the t.v., have an original thought, and stop drinking the koolaid. You are off the charts on the lunatic scale. No wonder blown has made you his sex slave.
    Steve, it is really you that has destroyed these forums. I know, it is the truth, and it doesn't help you, so you are not interested. Anyone that disagrees with you is instantly a commie pinko. I am more conservative that you will ever be, have deep rooted family values and ethics that you would never understand, and I have a free mind. Just because I don't tow the party line when they are OBVIOUSLY focking up and doing more to move the liberal agenda forward, does not make me a bush hater or anything else. Never mind me, I go against the lemmin....I mean crowd.

Steve 1
    Really bud, try subscribing to some reality. Turn off the t.v., have an original thought, and stop drinking the koolaid. You are off the charts on the lunatic scale. No wonder blown has made you his sex slave.
    Steve, it is really you that has destroyed these forums.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No people like Canuck Arizona Hot Boat and baby called Susan started pissing them up the evidence is there GO look at it!! You can turn the other cheek I never will.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know, it is the truth, and it doesn't help you, so you are not interested. Anyone that disagrees with you is instantly a commie pinko. I am more conservative that you will ever be, have deep rooted family values and ethics that you would never understand,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I Really doubt that my family has been here a very long and proud time we fought in every war this country ever had!! Sorry I have spent a great deal of my life with my nose in engineering handbooks and technical papers That’s why I laugh at the lefties and their silly little lies FOR you see I can’t make a mistake in my business and I am a good judge of people also BTW a scumbag Liberal professor of economics can be wrong his whole rent control apartment seeking career/life and keep his job see the difference?? That’s why I do not and never will respect them Those of us living/dealing in/with the real world have a different set of values..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and I have a free mind. Just because I don't tow the party line when they are OBVIOUSLY focking up and doing more to move the liberal agenda forward, does not make me a bush hater or anything else. Never mind me, I go against the lemmin....I mean crowd.
    I tow no party line (you know I have not heard one worthy excuse to be a liberal NOT ONE) except when I see my Country trashed by Idiots that is where the line is in the sand. I am not going into my business but I have done my share to protect it. Let’s stop there, Now is time to have some fun again I really love Boats being from Miami and it’s my job also.
    Regards

Seadog
    On the original subject, Yes there were mistakes made, but the problem is that nobody in authority could confirm anything as fact. In trying to be accurate, they took too long and people suffered. It would have been the same effect, whether it was three minutes or three hours. Rumors are often cruel and this is what happened. They found the miners and as the word got out from the mine, it got distorted.

HighRoller
    The problem is the media's willingness to run with "unconfirmed" stories. They apparently don't realize that "unconfirmed story" is a fancy term for rumor. Just ask Dan Rather....Some of you are missing the point of this thread, which is to draw parallels to the whole "Bush lied" mantra perpetuated by those in the media. It would take me no time at all to compile facts from credible sources that blow their claims out of the water. Surely they have access to the same facts, yet they choose to ignore them.
    In this case, they weren't guilty of ignoring facts. They just didn't have any facts or corroboration to back up their story. In my opinion, this treads dangerously close to a violation of the First Amendment. In this case no harm was done because their erroneous reporting did not affect the outcome or do further harm. But what would happen if the media reported an "unconfirmed" story that a terrorist was running around Manhattan with a nuke in his backpack? It would make yelling "Fire" in a movie theater look like child's play.
    Somebody said that this case would make the media take a closer look at their reporting methods and/or standards. I doubt it. Look at the whole scandal with Dan Rather and Mary Mapes over the forged Nat'l Guard documents. These two still maintain to this day that the story was true!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast