Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much Is To Much $$$$$

SummerBreeze
    I was having some trouble with my truck an 04 F-250 4x4 4 door 6.0 Diesel.
    Rough idling..... falling on it's face when taking of from a light. The manuels say to change the air filter only when the guage in the air box says to. I looked at guage and it says its okay.... I looked at the filter it looked from what I could tell to be okay too... I have 30k miles on the truck.
    So I just picked up a air filter for $102.94 at the dealer. I installed it and the truck works fine now... W.T.F. is up with the guage???

dmontzsta
    Rough idling..... falling on it's face when taking of from a light. The manuels say to change the air filter only when the guage in the air box says to. I looked at guage and it says its okay.... I looked at the filter it looked from what I could tell to be okay too... I have 30k miles on the truck.
    So I just picked up a air filter for $102.94 at the dealer. I installed it and the truck works fine now... W.T.F. is up with the guage???
    The air filter has a gauge? thats the first time I have heard of something like that, pretty crazy stuff. $102 is a little psycho. I would have probably scraped the factory stuff and payed a little more for an aftermarket setup.

Sotally Tober
    The guage measures vacumm. I sure wouldn't trust it. For 102 bucks I think you could of gotten a K&N.

soupersonic
    Sounds like your filterminder (guage) may not be working properly. Diesels are very sensitive to dirt. Therefore you must keep the air and fuel filter clean. I change my filters every 15,000. Basically every other oil change. I have an aftermarket air filter with a spare to rotate in. At the price you paid for a stock air filter i would sure look at the BHAF or the AFE Proguard 7 . They are cleanable.

J540
    For sure get rid of the stock one and get an AirAid intake sys,. way better.

essexjet
    Definatly change that stock air filter. I picked up a K&N FIPK for just under $300 best thing I bought for my duty.

soupersonic
    From everything ive read on the diesel forums (take that for what its worth) the K&N filter lets too much dirt in on the diesels.

Jordy
    From everything ive read on the diesel forums (take that for what its worth) the K&N filter lets too much dirt in on the diesels.
    Hmmm... any takers???
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23popcorn.jpg

soupersonic
    Noone asked you Mr Pot Stirrer

Riverkid
    Then buy an AFE. My truck is out in the dirt constantly and I check it a lot. It stays much cleaner than the K&N I had on my '01 SD...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast