Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much Is To Much $$$$$

stvneil
    :rollside: actually the ford filter is a better performer than the k&n, except is is not reusable. just my .02

essexjet
    Where is Bowtie Rick? :rollside:

HOSS
    `bout a dollar

LUVNLIFE
    He will def set the KandN story straight.

essexjet
    He will def set the KandN story straight.
    Hey Cale, Ryan said I should take a look at you tool box.
    Now I know he is gay

Run_em_Hard
    :rollside: actually the ford filter is a better performer than the k&n, except is is not reusable. just my .02
    Neil is correct, in a diesel you do not want to run a K&N. They are great in a gasser but diesels flow way to much air for a K&N. I am not quite sure about the Ford upgrades(own a Dodge) but I run what is call a BHAF, big honkin air filter. Pick em up at Napa for about $50. Basically it is a large canister paper airfilter that hookes up directly to the intake tube(removes entire air box). The one I have is about a 10 inch diameter by a little over a foot long with a four inch intake hole. Sucks all the air you could ever want, makes the turbo scream, and they even have prefilters for them.

Waist Deep
    Make your own Air Raid for about $49.00. Napa filter and a piece of 4" stainless pipe. Get rid of the stock stuff.

mxbundy
    Have you taken it in to the dealer yet?
    Mine had all the same problems that you are having and after several visits to the severice department, 1 turbo, new injectors, several reflashes and its still not right! :220v:
    I tell you I bleed blue, but this truck has not lived up to my eexspectations!
    bundy

Run_em_Hard
    I was having some trouble with my truck an 04 F-250 4x4 4 door 6.0 Diesel.
    Rough idling..... falling on it's face when taking of from a light. The manuels say to change the air filter only when the guage in the air box says to. I looked at guage and it says its okay.... I looked at the filter it looked from what I could tell to be okay too... I have 30k miles on the truck.
    So I just picked up a air filter for $102.94 at the dealer. I installed it and the truck works fine now... W.T.F. is up with the guage???
    Well another point, was the truck smoking anymore that usual? If your filter is real bad it can and will start to cause a problem, but along with that problem you will notice more smoke. Less air equals more smoke. Might be more than just a filter change.

KLEPTOW
    Fuel filters on modern injected auto's and trucks will cause more miss diagnosed problems that anything else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast