Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Channel and the Mayor

TCHB
    I tookWell I was in the channel for the boat parade. What suprised me was when a HOUSEBOAT came through the channel. There is a restiction against such size boats. It was NOT a parade entry... it was Harvey and his friends on the top deck having a cocktail party! Fact is we do not need new laws. We need the channel laws that are in place enforced and the laws against public intoxication enforecd. this off the Havasu Newspaper

Ziggy
    Imagine that.........................lawlessness in the channal.
    But I agree with you.....totally. Unilateral enforcement sounds fair.

Havasu_Dreamin
    The thing is, none of us, or very few of us, will even go to the City Council meeting to express our displeasure with this proposal. I for one just want to see the PD enforce the laws already on the books, have the court make the fines harsher to send the message home. Sure it might take time doing it this way, but the message will be sent loud and clear. The channel is a no tolerance zone, according to the signs, well GD'it enforce the no tolerance laws!
    People forget, the channel is THE city park for LHC and as such the behavior of visitors should be in accordance with what they would want to see in THEIR city park at home. And that goes for the residents as well as the tourists.

That Guy
    The thing is, none of us, or very few of us, will even go to the City Council meeting to express our displeasure with this proposal. I for one just want to see the PD enforce the laws already on the books, have the court make the fines harsher to send the message home. Sure it might take time doing it this way, but the message will be sent loud and clear. The channel is a no tolerance zone, according to the signs, well GD'it enforce the no tolerance laws!
    People forget, the channel is THE city park for LHC and as such the behavior of visitors should be in accordance with what they would want to see in THEIR city park at home. And that goes for the residents as well as the tourists.
    Nicely stated Scott....we need to keep our collective eyes on this since it will directly affect most of us in one way or another....the new council has hit "crackpot" in record time..... :yuk: I am inclined to nominate Shadow for Mayor and Kilrtoy as Chief of stirring sh!t up...oops , I mean Police... :crossx:

Havasu_Dreamin
    Nicely stated Scott....we need to keep our collective eyes on this since it will directly affect most of us in one way or another....the new council has hit "crackpot" in record time..... :yuk: I am inclined to nominate Shadow for Mayor and Kilrtoy as Chief of stirring sh!t up...oops , I mean Police... :crossx:
    Thanks Steve. Boy, are you right with the 'crackpot' comment. I'd like to give the council more time but so far it seems everything they ahve proposed or done has been so off the wall and against what the residents want it makes me wonder....... At least Shadow and Kilr can actually vote over there.........

That Guy
    Thanks Steve. Boy, are you right with the 'crackpot' comment. I'd like to give the council more time but so far it seems everything they ahve proposed or done has been so off the wall and against what the residents want it makes me wonder....... At least Shadow and Kilr can actually vote over there.........
    I'm no dummy...that is why I nominated them..... :crossx:

Ziggy
    So this is the old "Do as I say and not as I do" dealio eh?
    Harvey had too many wallbangers and made a spectical of himself.
    It blows me away the things that have happened right off the bat with the new counsil........out of left field.

That Guy
    I find it hard to believe he is an attorney and seems to have no concept of the law

shadow
    Great idea!!!! Then me and Kilrtoy can play COPS & ROBBERS in our time off.

2Driver
    You think they could be more creative than to simply pass a law that negatively affects decent boaters and businesses. There are other ways to deal with the 10% that are the real monkey puss in this equation.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast