Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Channel and the Mayor

Havasu47
    How about we pick a date when there will be city counsel meeting. All show up and voice our concerns profesionally and united!!

H20 Toie
    I find it hard to believe he is an attorney and seems to have no concept of the law
    yes he does he knows what he can get away with

GHT
    yes he does he knows what he can get away with
    That's just it. Attorneys are alway exploiting the law as it is written. Laws / rules are put in place with common sense prevailing (generally ). Then you introduce attorneys whom feel the need to make a name for themselves and PRESTO.... You have an instant "CRACK POT".

Boatcop
    How about we pick a date when there will be city counsel meeting. All show up and voice our concerns profesionally and united!!
    Just to play devil's advocate, and give you all a heads up, if you plan to do this.
    The Havasu City Council will look upon your involvement with this issue in one way. And that way is this:
    1. Are you residents? (Not just property owners....voting residents) If not, they couldn't care less about your opinion.
    2. Threaten to go somewhere else? BFD! YOU are the element they want to keep out.
    3. Your time is up. Thank you for your comments. Now we'll vote to to whatever the hell we want. That is, if the vote hasn't already come before the public comment.
    DO NOT FLAME ME FOR THESE COMMENTS!
    They are not my feelings, just the reality of how that Council works.

Phat Matt
    Just to play devil's advocate, and give you all a heads up, if you plan to do this.
    The Havasu City Council will look upon your involvement with this issue in one way. And that way is this:
    1. Are you residents? (Not just property owners....voting residents) If not, they couldn't care less about your opinion.
    2. Threaten to go somewhere else? BFD! YOU are the element they want to keep out.
    3. Your time is up. Thank you for your comments. Now we'll vote to to whatever the hell we want. That is, if the vote hasn't already come before the public comment.
    I have already had some calls from my friends who own businesses out there and wanted to know if we (the boaters) planned on doing anything. Obviously they are ones that work around the channel and make money off of us.

Ziggy
    I find it hard to believe he is an attorney and seems to have no concept of the law
    They have different languages for alternate purposes....One language we can read and get the same conclusion, then they have the one that just suits them and looks like mumbo-jumbo to us.
    So true Alan, but I don't think its isolated to just there. My city council here is a bunch of numb-nuts that can't see eye to eye on anything and constantly backstab one another...yet they all claim they are working for us po folks.
    I hate politics. :220v:

UncleLarry
    Some Misstatements in this thread...
    For most of last year their was no limit as to the size of the boat that could go thru the channel.. At either end of the channel is a sign that says.. boat lenght limited to 36 ft. When those signs are folded up.. it means any sizie boat is allowed. After memorial day.. those signed were folded up except for twice when they limited the size because.. it was extremely windy..
    And yes once and it's still an if the city starts the process for this ordinance then yes -when they call for public comment then we can use everyone to write, be their in person or ?? but it does have to be a professional manner..
    So when the big house boat went thru the channel before the boat parade they were not violating any of the laws..
    Just thought i would help keep facts to the for front.
    Hey I make my living cause you all come out here - I want to keep the channel as is...

RiverDave
    I tookWell I was in the channel for the boat parade. What suprised me was when a HOUSEBOAT came through the channel. There is a restiction against such size boats. It was NOT a parade entry... it was Harvey and his friends on the top deck having a cocktail party! Fact is we do not need new laws. We need the channel laws that are in place enforced and the laws against public intoxication enforecd. this off the Havasu Newspaper
    I guess I'm kind of missing what happened here.. Why are you mad?
    Becuase they were drinking on a houseboat?
    Or Becuase it was a houseboat?
    Not trying to start a fight.. I just don't understand why someone would be upset that someone else went through the channel with a cocktail party going? I thought that was kind of what more or less "everyone" did when they went through the channel?
    RD

Ziggy
    I guess I'm kind of missing what happened here.. Why are you mad?
    Becuase they were drinking on a houseboat?
    Or Becuase it was a houseboat?
    Not trying to start a fight.. I just don't understand why someone would be upset that someone else went through the channel with a cocktail party going? I thought that was kind of what more or less "everyone" did when they went through the channel?
    RD
    I think his point was two fold Dave....One: about the boat size limit. Larry indicates the sign folds to allow any size but I thought it varied the size(thats what I've noticed).
    Two: Someone in the public position should lead by example and not participate in what he is proposing to ban or minimize with new ordinances.
    Basically. Or at least thats how I interpreted it.

That Guy
    Great idea!!!! Then me and Kilrtoy can play COPS & ROBBERS in our time off.
    LOL......RD, the point seems to be that the council shouldn't use the city for their own personal playground. I couldn't care less if old Harvey drove a houseboat through the channel and had a cocktail. The problem is that if one of us did that, we would be an undesireable element and the council would need to create some new bogus ordinance to keep us out....I am relatively sure this new mayor is going to self implode sooner rather than later....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast