Thread: Hey Ford guys

Konabud
    Anybody know where I can find a 460 alternator bracket like this? My engine's down in a box and it would be nice to have the top adjust. Thanks in advance.
    Konabud
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...p_image001.jpg

dmontzsta
    No idea, it could be a homemade deal with some powdercoating.

GofastRacer
    Looks simple as can be just make one!..

Mighty Thor
    Althought that set up is prettier than mine it puts the alternator in the same location as the one I have that came off of a late 60's early 70's 460 car or truck motor. Mine is a pre- electronic ignition motor with non smog small chamber heads. I think they put the alt down low to clear the air conditioning or something. Anyhow, you should be able to cruise some wrecking yards and find that set up. Sorry I can't be more specific, but my engine was already out of the car when I got it.

Konabud
    Thanks for the replys guys. I found one looking around on vintage Lincoln sites but they wanted $75.00 for it and didn't (wouldn't) tell me what it was off of. Seemed like a little much for a stock unit. I'll poke around the wrecking yards here and find one.
    Thanks again
    Creg
    A.K.A. Konabud

Devilman
    Thanks for the replys guys. I found one looking around on vintage Lincoln sites but they wanted $75.00 for it and didn't (wouldn't) tell me what it was off of. Seemed like a little much for a stock unit. I'll poke around the wrecking yards here and find one.
    Thanks again
    Creg
    A.K.A. Konabud
    You might try a company called L & L. I utilized one of their kits on a truck I built. I used the alternator bracket they supply (off my truck) and made a copy of it for my boat. Works perfectly. You may be able to purchase a bracket from them.... Here's the link....L & L Products (http://www.landlproducts.com/)
    It is a bottom adjust though. My engine bay hasn't got much room either, but it works ok.....

dmontzsta

Devilman
    I really like the March kit.
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...ch-30200_w.jpg
    Damn straight! Gotta love the turnbuckle adjustment.....