Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Turbine vs. Berkeley Impellers

Squirtin Thunder
    To fill the stuffer area you have to use an atj bowl and impeller. Like Duane said, the atj impeller has a stuffer rind on it which fits into the atj bowl.
    There are some ancient Chinese secrets to this problem.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Now I gotta throw Agressor into the mix. Any experiences/informed opinions on Agressor impellers?
    I am starting to think that with a mild setup like I am running (12JC / Mild 455 Olds) it won't make much difference in the long run as long as it is assembled correctly and maintained properly.
    Oh oh .... I saw THIS one coming. :argue:
    Some folks like them on here, some don't. There have been some "interesting" threads on it, and some less than interesting ones.
    I am putting an Agressor in my Taylor's Berk "F", not for the name so much as it was available in Bronze at the right time. (they are hard to get just right now). The Agressors do flow more water than a comparable cut Berk by about 1 cut size (if an A berk works good for you, go to a B Agressor to keep the RPM the same). It hasn't been run yet, headers and pump rebuild this winter as well as more N2O (necessitating the upgrade to Bronze, budget said no steel).

Duane HTP
    The Aggrerssor pulls the hardest out of the hole of them all. There have been some quality control problems with them, but if you buy one from me, it has been thoroughly checked over.

El Prosecutor
    i just wanted to say thanks to squirtin thunder and duane for the great advise this past yr..i've learned alot from you guys and my taylor hauls ass now because of it.
    I second that. . .

SmokinLowriderSS
    i just wanted to say thanks to squirtin thunder and duane for the great advise this past yr..i've learned alot from you guys and my taylor hauls ass now because of it.
    Now THERE'S a post I'll pile on to, I'll third it.
    I learn a lot on here from a lot of sources, these 2 especially. Also a public Thanks for letting me pick your brain from time to time @ your shop when I stop by.

Rondane
    In my area american turbine has been the choice over berkeley. Good quality stuff. However alot of the racers have been switching to aggressor impellers for the holeshot is second to none and really wakes up performance from what i'm told. For a lake boat i'm sure they are all good..just have to find what fits your budget and get the most you can for it.

pumpin
    Duane, I sure don’t see any quality control problems with the new A Aggressor impeller that you sent in my kit last week. It looks like quality to me.

Duane HTP
    You are right, it is. Every impeller that I have gotten from Aggressor since the new tooling has been used, has been a nice piece. I think we're seeing a much better quality now. The new Mag/Bronze are something else to see.

El Prosecutor
    You are right, it is. Every impeller that I have gotten from Aggressor since the new tooling has been used, has been a nice piece. I think we're seeing a much better quality now. The new Mag/Bronze are something else to see.
    Duane, when did Aggressor's new tooling take place? Do you know the details on what the specific problem was, and what was done to fix it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast