Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ???? for pontoon boat owners????

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Are they e-z to handle?
    Do they trailer OK?
    Do you regret buying them?
    How fast can you get them?
    Besides Playcraft, Evolution, Bennington, should I look at any others?
    Do you beach them on the rocky beaches?
    IO or Outboard?
    Ruff water?
    Tri or double pontoons?
    I totally apreciate any help!

CornWater
    We have a JC tritoon, and it's great for what it does. We use when we take the dog, or just want to hang low, but it sucks for going any distance. Usually by the time you get there, everyone is going somewhere else. You get to the next spot, and they are going somewhere else.... cat and mouse all day. Ours is an I/O, but only a V6. Boat goes maybe 35ish.

LOWRIVER2
    If you're gonna make it your single boat, go tritoon and go with big block power. Lots of people on Parker Strip are going with the JC's and the Evolution's. I drove a 24 pontoon with a 4 cyl. I/O most of last summer. Like mentioned, too slow if it was your only boat. The new big blocks see 50-60 easily and can do everything. Just have a good anchor as they "hunt" in the wind when moored. Putting them on the trailer should be no harder than your cat. I also ran in a 26 Daytona and it was about the same for loading.
    Good luck.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    We have a JC tritoon, and it's great for what it does. We use when we take the dog, or just want to hang low, but it sucks for going any distance. Usually by the time you get there, everyone is going somewhere else. You get to the next spot, and they are going somewhere else.... cat and mouse all day. Ours is an I/O, but only a V6. Boat goes maybe 35ish.
    Baller pontoon and the eliminator?? Wow

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    If you're gonna make it your single boat, go tritoon and go with big block power. Lots of people on Parker Strip are going with the JC's and the Evolution's. I drove a 24 pontoon with a 4 cyl. I/O most of last summer. Like mentioned, too slow if it was your only boat. The new big blocks see 50-60 easily and can do everything. Just have a good anchor as they "hunt" in the wind when moored. Putting them on the trailer should be no harder than your cat. I also ran in a 26 Daytona and it was about the same for loading.
    Good luck.
    Thanks bro good advice.

Todd969
    We have the 06' JC 266 pictured below.
    Are they e-z to handle? Very easy if it's light winds, but stiff winds with the bimini's up can make it a sail boat. My wife loves to drive it at slow speeds and didn't take too long to adjust to it from our 25' Nordic.
    Do they trailer OK? We have a slip and only would trailer 4 miles.
    Do you regret buying them? Best boating investment we made PERIOD.
    How fast can you get them? Ours is a 350mag, full gas and gear, 7/8 people 36-38mph
    Besides Playcraft, Evolution, Bennington, should I look at any others? JC
    Do you beach them on the rocky beaches? You can, but as of yet we have not.
    IO or Outboard? Your call, the new Merc Verado 275 seems to be a great outboard
    Ruff water? Any time on Havasu and it's fine at 30mph
    Tri or double pontoons? TRI

ADDICTED
    Are they e-z to handle? Very easy if it's light winds, but stiff winds with the bimini's up can make it a sail boat. My wife loves to drive it at slow speeds and didn't take too long to adjust to it from our 25' Nordic.
    How fast can you get them? Ours is a 350mag, full gas and gear, 7/8 people 36-38mph
    Exzctly what he said except yes on beaching them on the rocks. The rocky spots is designated pontoon parking only.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Sounds good to me thanks! Big block and tri so far!!

2Driver
    We've had 2 of them ( along with a lot of other boats) and they are great. Go to the JC web site and read up on the Tritoon model especially the hull design page. Craftsmanship is great.
    We towed ours all over the state constantly. Was that you launching Monday morn at the Marina?

lalhc
    Hey Mike - my kids like the one's w/slides on them!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast