Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs on the sandbar suck!

jbone
    Well some of them anyways. And yes I know I will take a little bashing on this thread with all the dog owners. But who knows, maybe this is meant for you.
    On many occasions, we pull up to a sandbar, nothing too roudy because we have a lot of little ones in our group.
    Then someone shows up with a dog or two, or three. From that point on, the owners could care less where there dog(s) are or what they're doing. It is common for the dogs to swipe kids sandwiches off coolers or even out of the their hands, knock over tables, spill drinks (this is serious), pee on the kids sand toys, and dry hump kids. To top it off one dog took a dump in the sand pool I dug for my 4 yr old girl.
    My gripe is, if you bring a dog to the river please keep them near you or under control so they can do all the afformention things to your stuff.
    I'm done with my rant, let the bashing begin.
    J

Her454
    Well some of them anyways. And yes I know I will take a little bashing on this thread with all the dog owners. But who knows, maybe this is meant for you.
    On many occasions, we pull up to a sandbar, nothing too roudy because we have a lot of little ones in our group.
    Then someone shows up with a dog or two, or three. From that point on, the owners could care less where there dog(s) are or what they're doing. It is common for the dogs to swipe kids sandwiches off coolers or even out of the their hands, knock over tables, spill drinks (this is serious), pee on the kids sand toys, and dry hump kids. To top it off one dog took a dump in the sand pool I dug for my 4 yr old girl.
    My gripe is, if you bring a dog to the river please keep them near you or under control so they can do all the afformention things to your stuff.
    I'm done with my rant, let the bashing begin.
    J
    No bashing here, I completely agree.

AZJD
    Does that mean I have to quit dry humping too!?

ChumpChange
    To top it off one dog took a dump in the sand pool I dug for my 4 yr old girl.
    I completely agree with you but I did find this part of the rant kind of humerous. Sorry.

Ziggy
    Sorry, not meaning to sound off base but I cracked up picturing the dogs doing the things you mentioned ........I do agree dogs should be cared for properly though and most I have encountered are.....but like anything else a few bad ones don't make the whole basket rotten in this case.
    I'm sure everyones dogs have snuck away for a covert poop session at one time or another.

ChumpChange
    Sorry, not meaning to sound off base but I cracked up picturing the dogs doing the things you mentioned ........I do agree dogs should be cared for properly though and most I have encountered are.....but like anything else a few bad ones don't make the whole basket rotten in this case.
    I'm sure everyones dogs have snuck away for a covert poop session at one time or another.
    Thanks Zig....I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I don't have kids yet so it was funny to me.

Her454
    ROTFLMAO! I dont mind dogs, if the owners make them behave. I dont let mine run wild so I dont like anyone else's running wild where I am at and wreaking havoc.

Jordy
    My favorite was one time when we were out at Saguaro on the beach, with my low freeboard yellow jet, and some guy comes over from about half way down the beach with his dog and starts throwing the ball out into the water. It's a big dog, like a lab or retreiver, and everytime it goes bounding into the water it's covering my boat with water, mud, and wet sand. I say something to the guy along the lines of, "Hey, you think you might find another place do to that, like down by your boat, as you're dog is trashing my boat."
    His response "Well, I don't want to mess my boat up." Absolutely floored me. :notam:

Not So Fast
    Like anything else, leave my s--t alone and I'll leave yours alone. Be it dogs, kids, your music whatever. Just be courteous period. NSF

Her454
    Absolutely floored me. :notam:
    That's a first. :rollside:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast