Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queston for CHP and CA LEO;s

Danhercules
    Are radar detectors legal in CA? I have a few peeps tellin me they are not, and others that are not sure.

RitcheyRch
    They are legal in CA.
    Are radar detectors legal in CA? I have a few peeps tellin me they are not, and others that are not sure.

Kilrtoy
    Yes they are legal,
    But radar jamming devices are not legal and it will cost ya in court
    but what do I know Im know 830.1

Boatcop
    They're illegal everywhere for OTR commercial trucks. Federal Law.

CBadDad
    Yes they are legal,
    But radar jamming devices are not legal and it will cost ya in court
    but what do I know Im know 830.1
    LMAO - nice disclaimer, but you forgot to tell him that no one uses radar anymore... :220v:

Beer-30
    Detectors are perfectly legal. But, a good 830.2 will not have it on - just to be sneaky.

YeLLowBoaT
    If you don't speed, you don't need one. :rollside:

SurfOnH20
    Legal but worthless. With instant on/off radar and laser, they wont do you any good. Sure you hear of stories about people saying it prevented a ticket. But it's like winning the lotto, they are few and far between. I would just buy a laser/radar jammer.

hallett21
    Legal but worthless. With instant on/off radar and laser, they wont do you any good. Sure you hear of stories about people saying it prevented a ticket. But it's like winning the lotto, they are few and far between. I would just buy a laser/radar jammer.
    i completeley agree and also the majority of cops use laser so a radar detector is almost worthless

MagicMtnDan
    That's simply bullshit. Most CHP's keep their radar on most of the time and a good radar detector will act as a CHP-detector
    If you drive the "open freeways" (like to/from the Bay Area from SoCal) such as the 5 or 101, you'll find a radar detector a worthwhile investment. If it only saves you from one ticket and the years it's on your record (assuming you've already been to traffic school) then it's very worthwhile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast