Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Twin Turbo F25o ????

TOBTEK
    SOOOOOOO, wheres the info on this thing? Any new spy pics of the body change??? MAYBE time to go to the darkside

Magic34
    SOOOOOOO, wheres the info on this thing? Any new spy pics of the body change??? MAYBE time to go to the darkside
    Technically not a twin turbo. There are 2 turbos in line to lose the "turbo lag."

beaverretriever
    Technically not a twin turbo. There are 2 turbos in line to lose the "turbo lag."
    That is the main point of a twin turbo to eliminate lag. There is no reason to run two turbos except to get rid of any kind of lag. Two turbos=Twin turbo in my book, no matter where you are placing them. BTW, not only are two turbos going to help with lag, they are located sequentialy for better emissions. Im not quite sure how that is going to help emisions but im not CARB. LOL
    Small turbos make for quick spool and torque but in the high rpm range dont push enough air to make big hp. A big turbo for high end hp but will tend to spool slowly.
    Lucky for guys like me that only run one big turbo on their car they make some pretty quick spooling large turbos. I run a very custom ported 50trim bb turbo that spools quicker than my tiny little stocker did although there is alot more turbine to spin up.

sigepmock
    Hey Toby, my neighbor is a Ford tech and he's saying stay away. Not a lot of good news coming down the pipe about this one, he says. Ford is already looking at a different approach/replacement. To bad could have been a nice set up.
    Just my $.02, well really my neighbors $.02,
    Chris
    PS When's Jav picking up the Rhino :crossx:

Wakker
    Lucky for guys like me that only run one big turbo on their car they make some pretty quick spooling large turbos. I run a very custom ported 50trim bb turbo that spools quicker than my tiny little stocker did although there is alot more turbine to spin up.50 trim on what ?

beaverretriever
    50 trim on what ?
    Well its big for what it is on. I have it on my 05 SRT-4. Its only a little 2.4, 4 banger. LOL... The factory TC is a tiny little TD04LR-15GK-6cm.
    Im currently running a 50 trim T04E compressor, a Stage 3 T31 turbine wheel and a 4 bolt outlet T31 .63 A/R turbine housing.
    This set up will support 400hp plus on my little car and get me in the mid to low 11s all day long. Unfortunately, Im having some serious tuning issues right now, but Im not that far off from my 400+hp at the front wheels mark. I want more and am already considering a more radical set up. I want to see 450hp at the wheels and at least a 10.99 time slip.
    It is summer though, and the poor little car gets put on the back burner.

UnionJack
    Buy a mega cab

INSman
    Buy a mega cab
    Dodge sucks until they get a real tranny :220v: :hammerhea

UnionJack
    Better then IFS, and Fords interior, keep the truck normal and the tranny will be fine

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast