Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Havasu City Boaters NEED Your Help!

UncleLarry
    This coming Tuesday June 27th at 5pm during a special meeting before the regular city council meeting... Item....5 first one after the roll call...
    Discussion and possible action of Bridgewater Channel Enforcement Strategies as recommended by the independent channel task force. Just so you know the task force did not have any members of the boating or marine industry on it - just the hospitality and off road industries...
    Basically they are going to talk about - mooring and dancing
    - installing mooring points every 11 feet in the channel...one boat per mooring point..........
    Second portion would be to prohibit - a person from riding on the gunwales, decked over bow or transom of a boat anytime the boat is underway within the city limits. (currently its against the law to do this when the boat is above wakeless speed) A.R.S. 5-341. This would prohibit the dancing on bows of boats in the Channel or anywhere else that is considered city limits of lake havasu...
    By Need is .......
    Please local residents - attend the meeting at 5pm at the police station.. call to the public - be polite but firm - "Continue with the enforcement that the city had during memorial day weekend. Implementing more laws are not needed, as shown with the toned down memorial day weekend -- with the extra law enforcement" should be your message.
    Thank you all in advance for your help......
    I was elected President of the Lake Havasu Marine Association this past week. We are going to represent the boating industry here in Lake havasu.. You support is needed. We will have a general memebership meeting the end of July - every boater, boat company, or interested person can join.
    Thank you

Hardly Satisfied
    thanks for the info

Phat Matt
    Thanks UL.

atomickitn
    thanks larry and continued success ......

Kilrtoy
    I will be there, I just need to be reminded, Im very forgetful as of late :boxed:

Havasu_Dreamin
    Larry, thanks for the heads up and your continued efforts to ensure that we boaters are included in the process of enacting any new laws or ordinances. Enforcement of the current laws is what is needed, not new laws. And this mooring spot idea.....I can just see the problems that would arise as a result of that.

Magic34
    My .02....
    Just wanted to give Uncle Larry props. This has been my first year in doing business with him and Jokers Wild and they have been absolutely great!
    They care about what us, the boaters, do on the water and if you are local in Havasu, when he calls for help, please stop by and give them a few minutes of your time for support. He has your best interest in mind when helping with these issues, and the more who support them in person, the better it make their cause.
    If you know someone in Havasu who isn;t on the boards, please give them a call and ask for their support as well.
    Thanks UL!

Magic34
    I will be there, I just need to be reminded, Im very forgetful as of late :boxed:
    Kilr, Thanks for the efforts. I know I appreciate all who are local who attend.
    Thanks!
    And as long as you show up in internet form, you'll make their heads spin and it is an almost certain victory. :crossx:

Havasu_Dreamin
    I would think you are in a unique situation as far as being able to address the council on this issue. And I mean that in a good way.

Magic34
    I would think you are in a unique situation as far as being able to address the council on this issue. And mean that in a good way.
    I am hoping for internet broadcast video on this one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast