Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miners last notes to family...

hoolign
    So why wouldn't you lay them on the ground so they don't break in a cave in?
    We can figure out how to build a 31 mile tunnel under the English Channel, but we can't figure out how to safely pump air into a mine shaft. I still don't get it. It has to be a cost thing. There is no way it is not possible to make them safer in my mind, but then again, what do I know?
    Where does the debris go?? on the floor of the shaft. Not alot of mines are reinforced like a tunnel is...yet!, short seams don't warrent the reinforcing, the main shaft is different ..as a lot of other industries they rely on luck and a bit of engineering in design. Of course it's a cost thing! it's the same in my industry...things don't change until someone dies!

INSman
    So why wouldn't you lay them on the ground so they don't break in a cave in?
    We can figure out how to build a 31 mile tunnel under the English Channel, but we can't figure out how to safely pump air into a mine shaft. I still don't get it. It has to be a cost thing. There is no way it is not possible to make them safer in my mind, but then again, what do I know?
    Savage Marine sucks !! :hammerhea :hammerhea

Phat Matt
    Where does the debris go?? on the floor of the shaft. Not alot of mines are reinforced like a tunnel is...yet!, short seams don't warrent the reinforcing, the main shaft is different ..as a lot of other industries they rely on luck and a bit of engineering in design. Of course it's a cost thing! it's the same in my industry...things don't change until someone dies!
    I understand the debris goes on the floor but I am thinking of metal pipe not some exhaust hose from your dryer! I am sure it's a cost thing. Would it cost 2 million dollars (the fund the mining copmany started) and 12 lives? I don't think so, but like I said, I don't know shit about mining.

Phat Matt
    Savage Marine sucks !! :hammerhea :hammerhea
    Absolute swallows! :2purples:
    Thank you thank you I'll be here all night. Be sure to tip your waitress on the way out.
    This is just a joke so all the absolute nut swingers don't get your panties in a wad.

hoolign
    I understand the debris goes on the floor but I am thinking of metal pipe not some exhaust hose from your dryer! I am sure it's a cost thing. Would it cost 2 million dollars (the fund the mining copmany started) and 12 lives? I don't think so, but like I said, I don't know shit about mining.
    Dude!...It's all cost! every industry!. lines on the ground take up space,, overhead they don't.( to a degree) And I'm not sure what alloy a pipe would have to be made of to withstand that degree of force comming down. I am unsure of costs, I just know from, my Dad, and a bunch of buddies that worked and work in the mines how things work.

Phat Matt
    Dude!...It's all cost! every industry!. lines on the ground take up space,, overhead they don't.( to a degree) And I'm not sure what alloy a pipe would have to be made of to withstand that degree of force comming down. I am unsure of costs, I just know from, my Dad, and a bunch of buddies that worked and work in the mines how things work.
    Well I think I am going to boycott coal.
    Who uses coal anyway.

INSman
    Absolute swallows! :2purples:
    Thank you thank you I'll be here all night. Be sure to tip your waitress on the way out.
    This is just a joke so all the absolute nut swingers don't get your panties in a wad.
    Just wanted to lighten up the mood on this sad thread...

hoolign
    Just wanted to lighten up the mood on this sad thread...
    It is a very sad deal for those directly involved!

DEEZ NUTTS
    Heard a quote from a miner today on radio "Just like an officer of the law, we know that any day at work could be our last"
    Risk is everywhere. People get killed or seriously hurt on construction jobs every day and they dont make national news. How long has it been since the last mining disaster? If it is only as often as reported I would say the job is not much more dangerous than others.

hoolign
    Heard a quote from a miner today on radio "Just like an officer of the law, we know that any day at work could be our last"
    Risk is everywhere. People get killed or seriously hurt on construction jobs every day and they dont make national news. How long has it been since the last mining disaster? If it is only as often as reported I would say the job is not much more dangerous than others.
    Thats' the nasty thing about industry! lots of people die ( thats why I have this feud with SWB goin) it takes unavoidable media attention to bring these things to light!
    It's a sad reality! but a reality none the less! I hope that the mining company changes procedures that led to this unfortunate accident, the company I work for has this philososphy..." every accident was once an unidentified hazard" and they do their damndest to accomodate every single suggestion us consultants have!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast