Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miners last notes to family...

KACHINA KEN
    really blows. fkn sucks.

Phat Matt
    By the way...quit thinking and go to bed. You are going to put a dent in your forehead
    You can't tell me the technology isn't there. It's not time for bed yet.

hoolign
    You can't tell me the technology isn't there. It's not time for bed yet.
    The technology is there...for aot of industries! that's the real sad part! What you have to "unfortunatley " realize..is that for a company that owns xxx # of mines or other sustainable industry related companies is that...it's not fianacially pheasable to " make safe" all workplaces! They can deny this all they want but it'd true! It's comming! but it's slow! as I said before .people have to die before things change!

Phat Matt
    The technology is there...for aot of industries! that's the real sad part! What you have to "unfortunatley " realize..is that for a company that owns xxx # of mines or other sustainable industry related companies is that...it's not fianacially pheasable to " make safe" all workplaces! They can deny this all they want but it'd true! It's comming! but it's slow! as I said before .people have to die before things change!
    I would think lives lost would be enough to pass on some of the financial burden to consumers to make things possible.

hoolign
    I would think lives lost would be enough to pass on some of the financial burden to consumers to make things possible.
    Watch how fast everyone( except the directly involved familes) forgets about it! And then tell me that! I have seem more friends than I care to rememeber die in my "chosen occupation" with no results.

Phat Matt
    Watch how fast everyone( except the directly involved familes) forgets about it! And then tell me that! I have seem more friends than I care to rememeber die in my "chosen occupation" with no results.
    True. Being in the media forefront helps a lot.
    I would hope for the risk you either enjoy your job or make a shit load of money.

hoolign
    True. Being in the media forefront helps a lot.
    I would hope for the risk you either enjoy your job or make a shit load of money.
    wouldnt say "shitload" but 1400 a day does ease the stress and yes..I love my job..we play with power like you've never seen before, which properly handled can be an amaxing thing to be beside!

JetBoatRich
    Sad for the families, nice he wrote the note and said good by to his family.

Hardly Satisfied
    very sad :cry:

Totally IncapASSitated
    Unfortunately we all know that this is not true...and even sadder to say is that companies like ICG are well aware tragedies like this are bound to happen and $2mill and 11 lives are simply a cost of doing business
    Sago Mine Safety (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/free?ch=61492&cl=236730','playerWindow','width=793 ,height=608,sc rollbars=no'))
    Sad times when a BILLIONAIRE company owner chooses not to ante up some of own money for the families!!!!
    Like Hoolign said...incidents like these are quickly forgotten by those not directly affected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123