When I start my motor up, it runs like an animal, after it starts warming up, it starts backfiring, poping then ultimatley dies and has difficult starts and once started, still runs shitty with backfires and pops. Now, take note of this.... it runs fine for about 30 - 45 min, then has problems, then, once it cools off, it runs just fine all over again which makes me want to rule out anything mechanical other than maybe lifters, but there is no chatter or anything coming from the motor. At martinez this weekend I changed my coil, voltage regulator and made sure my balast resistor was up to par in the ohms (0.8) So the only electric problem I need to fix now is the distributor, which I bought a new pro billet msd dist. and will put it in this week with an msd 6A. What else would cause this problem ? Fuel starvation ? I run a mech fuel pump, edelbrock victor, big ass pump. Isnt it timing that causes backfires though ? that has always been my assumption. At certain temps, maybe the dist is advancing the timing so high that the thing falls on its face, who knows, I'm at a loss and now am trouble shooting with my wallet. Also, does a voltage regulator need to be grounded to the block, or can I mount that thing anywhere ?