Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im 33 and headed for a major stroke. WTF?

beaverretriever
    I now have to check my blood pressure 3 times a day, everyday. Doctors say Im on my way to a big stroke that will either kill me or mess me up pretty good. If my good habbits dont help, I will have to get on blood pressure meds at fricken 33 yrs old. WTF?
    Im only 33, I eat well (low salt, low fat), Im not fat whatsoever, I work out, dont smoke, cut out caffine almost completely, no drugs, rarely drink and live a pretty healthy lifestyle over all. I guess it needs to be even more heathy. LOL.
    My blood pressure is around 158 / 95+ most of the time. If Im totally relaxed it will somtimes get in the 140s/80s.
    Pretty scary stuff.

funkybunchjr
    I'm only 24 and have the samn problems, fuggin sucks. Hang in there, and if they do put you on BP meds, they worked for me really well with no side effects!

beaverretriever
    I'm only 24 and have the samn problems, fuggin sucks. Hang in there, and if they do put you on BP meds, they worked for me really well with no side effects!
    I just hate taking anything. I feel Im in great shape and I would feel like a douche if I need pills to stay healthy. I guess I would rather be on pills than in a wheel chair or dead.

Jbb
    I would feel like a douche if I need pills to stay healthy.
    now thats funny.....

funkybunchjr
    I just hate taking anything. I feel Im in great shape and I would feel like a douche if I need pills to stay healthy. I guess I would rather be on pills than in a wheel chair or dead.
    I hear ya, it screwed with my head too, but after a while you get used to it. In my case I only had to take them for about a year, my BP has been fine ever sense.

No Name
    I eat well (low salt, low fat), Im not fat whatsoever, I work out, dont smoke, cut out caffine almost completely, no drugs, rarely drink and live a pretty healthy lifestyle over all.
    Right there is your problem.

Fire Angler
    Drink a few Beers a day, that will thin out your blood, thus reducing your blood pressure. :idea:

beaverretriever
    Drink a few Beers a day, that will thin out your blood, thus reducing your blood pressure. :idea:
    Thanks doctors, I knew you guys would be a ton of help... LOL
    I think I feel the best when Im out on the boat. I dont know what I would do without it. Its going to be a tough 4 weeks more waiting for my new one.

GRUNION
    Right there is your problem.
    I second that..

i am 49 now and 11/2 years ago started going though the chest pains and stuff went to the doctor and he told me they think i had a heart attack in my sleep without knowing it. never did find out exactly what caused it but 1 thing is stress. are you stressing alot at work. stress will and has killed people before. i am a superintendent for a construction company in norcal and now when the generals sup's call bitching about something i just tell them it will be taken care of. like my doctor told me everything will work out. do what your doctor tells you. if in doubt get another opion. good luck :rollside:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast