Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sad day

IN2-IN2MX
    Sorry to hear this (that you're taking it hard) but thank you very much for your 24 years of service. That is awesome!

Kilrtoy
    I hate politics, but it would be nice to live there a few years, and be able to represent the local population, as well as the out of town crowd.
    It seems like there is a lot of myopia out there, and there is no vision for the future, only selfish interests.
    You hit the nail on the head,NO VISION of tommorrow let alone the future

clownpuncher
    Congrats on your retirement brother. I know first hand how tough it is to leave when you may not think it's the right time.
    You're leaving a great agency that I'm sure has treated you well in your years as a public servant. Count your blessings bro, that don't happen to a lot of people.
    You're young enough and relativley healthy enough to enjoy an "early" retirement so take advantage.
    Gimme a visit some time and we can share some war stories over a few beers. I'm more than positive that we have mutual friends in the fire service.
    Roland
    Local 3601 (PSFD) 21 years

blackcloud75
    Congrats Phebus,
    I am sure you know you are not the only one to shed emotion of your depart.....
    Your brothers' at the stations will toss your name across the dinner table like your still there for years to come...
    to this day I get just as choked up when we retire someone, it's just as emotional for the crews as it is for the Retiree.
    Good Luck,
    Cory
    Local 3226 (WCFD)

JetBoatRich
    That is awesome 24 years of service to your dream Congratulations
    Good Luck on your future with a lot of life in front of you

SDLifesaver
    Congrats on your being able to retire and enjoy what you have worked so hard for your 24 years. I look forward to seeing you and Linda this summer and many summers to come. With that being said, get on the city council and stop all this non sense of no mooring in the channel and selling the English Village and so on. See you in a few months when we get our new boat and start going to the lake again. Nick Johnson SMFD Local 1434

Flashover
    Congradulations, Enjoy your retirement it sounds like you have really earned it. Be proud of your accomplishments in the fire service and think back at all of the fun you had and all of the people that have bennafitted from your many years of service. Its your time now, Live it up, You deserve it... :crossx:

OutCole'd
    Rick, Congrats on the early retirment and thank you for your 24 years of service. Getting to live a dream is great, and 24 years is a miracle. Now just think, you can annoy the family 24/7 with no interuptions from now on.
    Best of luck to you & see you this Summer.
    Take care,
    Bill

spectratoad
    Thanks for your service to the public. Hard to enjoy a job for that long and a dream when you do. This door may close but others will open.
    I know how you feel. I was medically retired from the military November of 04. I lived and breathed my job and loved every minute of it. THey said I was too beat up to continue to do what I needed to do. Fought it for a year but they finally said I had to go. Since I retired though I have thoroughly enjoyed being "Mr. Mom".

LHC Kirby
    You will be talked about at the coffee table -That I am sure of....
    Randy said he saw you at HQ, and now we look forward to seeing you at the river! When the Tribute comes around, be sure to come, they put on a good event, tell Linda to start looking for pictures. They put a slide show together for each person and it is pretty cool to see the difference from the "early years" to 24 years later.
    Congrats on retirement, not the greatest way to go, but there are worse ways.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast