Thread: Need Help with Changing oil

BadBahner
    I have the Dooly 10 qt pan. I have a hose that comes from the bottom of the pan that is about two feet long. What type of pump or device do I need to attach to that hose to get the oil out?
    Please do not suggest I use one of these...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...id=14868&stc=1
    Thanks
    Eric

Keithb87
    The hose should run out of the plug hole in the transom. Raise the front of the boat. Take the end cap off and let the oil run out. I have seen this actully work 1 time in less than 3-4 days.:smile:

SmokinLowriderSS
    The rumor of it taking 3 or 4 days was put out by those using 20w-50 or straight 40 wt and draining it cold. Aunt Jemima has got nothing on those. I have had it drain 10w-50 synthetic in just a number of hours.

Keithb87
    The rumor of it taking 3 or 4 days was put out by those using 20w-50 or straight 40 wt and draining it cold. Aunt Jemima has got nothing on those. I have had it drain 10w-50 synthetic in just a number of hours.
    We were using 20-50 at that time. :cry:

Wet Dream
    And for the 3rd time in as many weeks...hook a shop vac up to it! Buy a cheap one, used one, whatever. It'll evac the oil in about 2 minutes without starting the engine. Yes, the shop vac will now be solely dedicted to your oil changes, but well worth it.

Nucking futs
    Eric, I have a drill pump you can borrow.It takes about 5 or 10 min.

BadBahner
    Eric, I have a drill pump you can borrow.It takes about 5 or 10 min.
    Sweet thanks. I have some kind of hand pump the PO gave me but it does not look like it would actually do anything. I do have 20 50 in the motor but it is kept out at the river so the oil should be pretty warm.
    I will cruise over and check out the drill pump...
    Eric

i run straight 50w & i just warm up the motor on the trailer (dis-connect the pump)...raise the front of the trailer up & run the hose to a bucket & drain it...takes about 3-5 mins...u could also do it at the lake/river after ur done for the day!!...u dont have to dis-connect the pump that way!...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

LICKETY SPLIT
    I use a oil pump out of a small block chevy hooked hoses to it and a drill and it pumps out 10 qts of 20/50 in to a 5 gallon can in under 2 min

YeLLowBoaT
    I have a fuild drainer that you hook up too your Air compressor. It actaully works pretty damn good. Its does not get all of it, some where around 90-95%. Its just hook it up and come back in 5-10 mins.