Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On the Level Stories: Who Sold Their Boat for the Same They Paid for it?:

Trailer Park Casanova
    Ya can sell any boat in decent condition for a good price.
    Whats your experience?:

coolchange
    I have a hard time getting what I paid for it. I almost always get more.

HocusPocus
    over the years i have always bought and sold many used boats.. sure some needed a little attention but i have alawys made a profit on them, some more then others. i try to buy and sell 2 boats a year, its a hobby something i enjoy doing, the part i like is i get to experience all sorts of boats mfg, styles, sizes, power etc.. etc.
    none of them have been big dollar boats i look to buy boats under $15k and which are priced well under nada.com value. if you can buy one, fix it up and still sell it under nada.com, you can turn them over quick.

riverbound
    I sold my Spectra for more than I bought it for but WAY less than I had into it. I know I could sell the Stoker and turn a profit though.

GunninGopher
    I've sold 2 boats for what I paid for them.
    My first one I paid $5,000 for and sold it for the same. I put $7,000 into it in between though!!!

Dribble
    Bought my 78 Southwind jet in 89 for $5,500.00. Used it ten seasons with just regular maintanence. Sold it in 99 for $5,000.00. I stilll miss that boat.

doesitfloat?
    I've sold 2 boats for what I paid for them.
    My first one I paid $5,000 for and sold it for the same. I put $7,000 into it in between though!!!
    That sound like the "norm". I don't think that most people are aware of how much money they actually dump on their boat while owning it. I am in the bad habit :rollside: of saving every receipt, no matter how small (ss screws, for example). When I add them up, it's always more than I thought I had spent.

rerfert
    I bought my first jet for $2500...73 Kona.
    invested $1000 fixing the previous owners handy work and upgrading general things (starter water lines wood under the seats...etc)
    sold it after 2 years for $3700...2 years play and still cleared $200 not including labor...Pretty much broke even.

2Driver
    I am on my 12th boat. At least 8 of those went for more than I paid. ON the Tiritoon I made 6500 and on one Spectra I made 5K. Not hard to do. I have turned down 2K over my current boat. At the end of the day I am up about 17K after 12 boats.

KineticoH20
    My last two boats were sold at a profit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast