Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford still #1 selling truck

KLEPTOW
    Boy this is one way to split the Lynch Mob!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HammerDown
    yeah, but it is still just a FORD :hammerhea :sleeping:
    Yea, and it's still the best American name plate truck.
    That is if you really want a (Truck).

Jeanyus
    In 1984 I bought a new Ford f-250, diesel, by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned, I gave up trying to get the glow plugs to work, it was a gutless smoker, and got 15 MPG.
    In 1991 I traded it in on a 3/4 ton Chevy 454. It has never failed to start has power and gets 13 MPG. I put 230,000 miles on it with minor repairs.
    I pull heavy trailers, hual lumber, construction materials and tools every day.
    Yea Fords are better
    Ford sells more trucks than Chevy, just proves the saying " a sucker is born every minute".

hoolign
    Ford has always built a better truck. That is why they continue to sell more. My friend bought a 2003 Tahoe, 2 years ago. It was an end of year deal and he got $10k off the invoice? WTF. It really shows lately, chevy has been giving their shit away. It doesnt matter how many they sell, if they are not making much. IMO chevy is doing bad right now, they are trying not to show it though. You see more and more people buying cars, instead of trucks, cause of the big gas scare we just had. All chevy has for cars are pretty much trash.
    Since when has Ford been building a better truck?? Are you referring to the overweight powerstroke, which literally pushes the front end down into the mud to render the truck stuck?? and beat the suspension out of them cause they are so damn heavy..or was the twin eye beam front ends that chewed ball joints faster than Hanson on a 12 pack?? I don't think that anyone can have an opinion on a product unless they have owned them. Driving a truck on the pavement everyday does not show anyone what a truck is good for! Take the things into some real shit for a year, drive on beat to shit roads, use the 4x4 for more than going up a wet driveway..then come back with "ford has been building a better truck"

duffster
    Ok found this for the Ford boys to read
    According to "Automotive News" Magazine- Ford sold 139,609 more trucks than Chevy in 2005.
    Ford sells WAY more trucks than Chevy. They have for a long time. This was a TOTAL vehicle sales count. Ford will still hold the "Best Selling Truck" title.
    What a year. In the end, chevy gets bragging right for top selling brand, while Ford retains the largest selling pickup- which also happens to be the largest selling anything.[/
    They all say they sell more Trucks than the others just to blow smoke up you arse. But what are the numbers from Mercruser how many GM blocks are they selling compared to FORD for marine applications?
    This is funny and maybe it's the way you are raised FORD people drink Budweiser and GM people drink Coors Light.

Jeanyus
    Lets not forget the can't stay right side up Explorer. Oh wait it was the tires.

ROZ
    Ford retains the largest selling pickup[/
    Maybe they meant that the truck is the largest truck sold

Dave C
    Ford trucks have always been cheaper (in price) than the comparable chevy. A lot of people buy on price being that the price is significant. So many take the better "value" (i.e. the cheaper Ford)
    I know this "value" concept is hard for all you ballers to understand. Just trust me on this one!

hoolign
    Ford trucks have always been cheaper (in price) than the comparable chevy. A lot of people buy on price being that the price is significant. So many take the better "value" (i.e. the cheaper Ford)
    I know this "value" concept is hard for all you ballers to understand. Just trust me on this one!
    It's also cheaper to lift Fords, and everyone knows that it's gotta be lifted to clear those big speed bumps at the mall

duffster
    Lets not forget the can't stay right side up Explorer. Oh wait it was the tires.
    The Exploder sharing some of the same technology as the Pinto days.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast