Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford still #1 selling truck

dmontzsta
    In 1984 I bought a new Ford f-250, diesel, by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned, I gave up trying to get the glow plugs to work, it was a gutless smoker, and got 15 MPG.
    In 1991 I traded it in on a 3/4 ton Chevy 454. It has never failed to start has power and gets 13 MPG. I put 230,000 miles on it with minor repairs.
    I pull heavy trailers, hual lumber, construction materials and tools every day.
    Yea Fords are better
    Ford sells more trucks than Chevy, just proves the saying " a sucker is born every minute".
    There is a BIG difference in technology from 84-91.

ROZ
    don't you just hate it when someone catches it and quotes it before you can fix it
    Nah, it makes this place a little more interesting

jbtrailerjim
    But what are the numbers from Mercruser how many GM blocks are they selling compared to FORD for marine applications?
    I here this lame ass comparison all the time. If I had to guess Ford could care less about the marine industry. It's a small market compared to the millions of engines each mfg. produces a year.
    I have a friend who owns some large boat dealerships here in California. He told me GM can mfg. enough blocks for the marine industry to last for the year in one day. So why would Ford even bother trying to compete with such a small market.

duffster
    Kinda off subject, but does everyone know that the Mercruiser in your boat is owned by the company that makes bowling balls and Bayliners ?
    Think about it wouldn't be stupid to build marine power applications and not own a company that builds the hulls. And its not just Bayliner that is just the tip of the iceberg or cheap boats that get first time people on the water.

hoolign
    and the technology would be what?

duffster
    I here this lame ass comparison all the time. If I had to guess Ford could care less about the marine industry. It's a small market compared to the millions of engines each mfg. produces a year.
    I have a friend who owns some large boat dealerships here in California. He told me GM can mfg. enough blocks for the marine industry to last for the year in one day. So why would Ford even bother trying to compete with such a small market.
    To fail

cdog
    Don't you drive a hot rod nissan?
    There is yet to be a engine that can top the newer LS1 based engines by GM. I know guy's putting 1200 RELIABLE HP to stock crank and block with TT's.
    Lot's of cool aid drinkers around here!!!

little rowe boat
    Ok found this for the Ford boys to read
    According to "Automotive News" Magazine- Ford sold 139,609 more trucks than Chevy in 2005.
    Ford sells WAY more trucks than Chevy. They have for a long time. This was a TOTAL vehicle sales count. Ford will still hold the "Best Selling Truck" title.
    What a year. In the end, chevy gets bragging right for top selling brand, while Ford retains the largest selling pickup- which also happens to be the largest selling anything.[/
    Yep.

dmontzsta
    Don't you drive a hot rod nissan?
    There is yet to be a engine that can top the newer LS1 based engines by GM. I know guy's putting 1200 RELIABLE HP to stock crank and block with TT's.
    Lot's of cool aid drinkers around here!!!
    I have many cars.
    I am the dude you see with cars parked on the grass, all over the street and in the driveway.

Phat Daddy
    Who really cares who sold more trucks. Does this put money into my pocket?? Everyone has their favorites and everyone has their good and bad stories. This is like one of those " which boat is best " threads. :argue: :hammerhea
    Oh yeah and by the way.... Chevy all the way!!! :rollside: :rollside: :crossx:

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast