Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting motor out of water

dead_onion
    HI,
    what if any are the precautions I should take to start the boat out of the water?
    If I ran a hose to the engine and a hose in the back of the jet drive will that be ok?
    thanks
    Josh

Cheap Thrills
    I have run mine several times out of the water with no issues. but theres alot of paranoids here that say not to do it unless the driveline is disconnected due to impeller to wear ring clearance issues. But it seems to me there would be alot more expansion of the impeller with water pressure on it than there would be under dry no load conditions.
    C.T. :wink:

likwidsukr
    I have run mine several times out of the water with no issues. but theres alot of paranoids here that say not to do it unless the driveline is disconnected due to impeller to wear ring clearance issues. But it seems to me there would be alot more expansion of the impeller with water pressure on it than there would be under dry no load conditions.
    I agree. I have had no problems. I would say the race prepped ones shouuld not due to the tighter clearances.
    CT how the hell have you been?
    I moved to Tampa Florida. Holla

Duane HTP
    Fire em up and run em. We love the business it brings us.

Cheap Thrills
    I agree. I have had no problems. I would say the race prepped ones shouuld not due to the tighter clearances.
    CT how the hell have you been?
    I moved to Tampa Florida. Holla
    Hey how ya been man ? I hollered at ya in another thread a while back but it sank out of sight.
    Tampa ? What part ? I lived down there for a couple of years myself, close to the college temple terrace area off of Fletcher ave. great party town.

Some Kind Of Monster
    I am curious if there is a type of quick disconnect for the driveline instead of having to pull all kinds of bolts?

likwidsukr
    Hey how ya been man ? I hollered at ya in another thread a while back but it sank out of sight.
    Tampa ? What part ? I lived down there for a couple of years myself, close to the college temple terrace area off of Fletcher ave. great party town.
    HIJACKED I WILL SEND PM

Cheap Thrills
    HIJACKED I WILL SEND PM
    MY BAD and now back to the regularly scheduled program.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I am curious if there is a type of quick disconnect for the driveline instead of having to pull all kinds of bolts?
    Hi Tech Performance makes the "Jetaway" which is a QD like you want. Requires the engine to be moved fwd a few inches tho. PM DuaneHTP (from a post above) about it. They are his.
    If you run the Ultimate Wear Ring from Hi-Tech, you cannot start one dry. Well, ya can, but the urethane wear ring which actually lays on the impeller surface will be ruined immediately. They run almost forever if you start them in lakes tho. IMO, they are worth the $120+ they cost, but then I ran my last one since 1989, and never burned it up dry.

Some Kind Of Monster
    Hi Tech Performance makes the "Jetaway" which is a QD like you want. Requires the engine to be moved fwd a few inches tho. PM DuaneHTP (from a post above) about it. They are his.
    If you run the Ultimate Wear Ring from Hi-Tech, you cannot start one dry. Well, ya can, but the urethane wear ring which actually lays on the impeller surface will be ruined immediately. They run almost forever if you start them in lakes tho. IMO, they are worth the $120+ they cost, but then I ran my last one since 1989, and never burned it up dry.
    http://hi-techperformance.com/images/JETAWAY_FLYER.bmp
    Seems like a great device, I just wonder if there is an easier way than relocatibg my motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast