Thread: I let the wife drive the boat and...........

1968Droptop
    She'd only been in it once before, and the lake we were on was choppy as chit. Not fun at all. Yesterday we went and met a bunch of other jets on the Snohomish river. The water was nice and smooth which equalled a much better time in the boat. She was a bit nervous at first, looked like she was white knuckling it next to me. Can't say I blame her, you should see me drive :yuk: . After a couple of hours she loosened up a bit. I was even able to get her behind the wheel at the end of the day. She putted at first, then a bit faster and a bit faster. She never opened the secondaries, but did have it up to 4400 rpms for some time. She even loaded it on the trailer. She'll need more practice, but did real well for the 1st time ever driving any kind of boat !
    We had an 2 hour drive back home, and the main topic was when do we get a boat for her !!!!

zmoz
    It's bad enough they let women drive cars...now boats?!

atxwrangler
    good thing they don't make yukon xl boats! i've almost been ran over a time or two at the WAL-MART!

Captain Assin' Off
    Jesus Chris! If you buy her a boat, then I'll have to buy Kim a boat, all of us guys will be run into the poorhouse, it's bad enough you're letting her retire.... We all had a ball yesterday, even out for 6 hours today. I am one sunburned dude right now! The river was low all day, and we were able to hang all day on the lower sand bar, it was fab.

I was even able to get her behind the wheel at the end of the day. She putted at first, then a bit faster and a bit faster. She never opened the secondaries, but did have it up to 4400 rpms for some time. She even loaded it on the trailer. She'll need more practice, but did real well for the 1st time ever driving any kind of boat !
    We had an 2 hour drive back home, and the main topic was when do we get a boat for her !!!!
    It's a good thing. My girlfriend drives and does real well. She's tiny (not even 5') and I have to put a life jacket behind her so she can reach the gas. She's not afraid of the loud pedal and has made 70+ mph passes. She's doing well with her slow manuvers too and has been working on anchoring to buoys and docking. Next it'll be a nitrous pass. Can't wait to see the expression on her face when she pushes the button.
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...eetie_n_me.jpg

77468sleekcraft
    Yea Matt and KIm that was a blast thanks for all that was the most fun Ive had in a while even with the few troubles, thanks for the help with the tire and stuff I will fix the tire and pick up the boat tommorow....

1968Droptop
    Jesus Chris! If you buy her a boat, then I'll have to buy Kim a boat, all of us guys will be run into the poorhouse, it's bad enough you're letting her retire.... We all had a ball yesterday, even out for 6 hours today. I am one sunburned dude right now! The river was low all day, and we were able to hang all day on the lower sand bar, it was fab.
    You already bought her a REAL nice Corvette, it's the natural next thing to buy her And look at it this way, she can't retire until the boat is paid for, and as long as I'm running the books that'll take a LONG time :argue: Thanks again for the hospitallity, and a place to see if the tires were still having traction problems...LOL !!!

1968Droptop
    It's a good thing........Next it'll be a nitrous pass. Can't wait to see the expression on her face when she pushes the button.
    I agree, it's a good thing. The NO2 button will be an eye opener for sure ! My droptop (avitar) was the 1st muscle car she'd ever been in. I can still remember the grin on her face when she pushed down on the go pedal. Soon after driving it we bought her a muscle car ('67 Fairlane, factory 390 car). She just loves to get next guys on race 'em. Win or lose at least she's having fun.

n8dawg
    My fiance' used to race a kx125, along with a '69 charger. I let her loose in our boat and she hauled ass across the lake to take on another jet boat! Came back with the biggest smile on her face! But now I think she would drive it more if it went faster.