Thread: panther pump

GERONIMO
    hi, you all i have a 78 Apache with a panther pump ,,396 bbc 90 over ....looking for a diverter for it ,,or info on trick things that you can do to the pump?? email me at
    rkctt5@mchsi.com
    thanks r bert

AZKC
    Panther sells one. And some hybrids have been made but arn't in production.

GERONIMO
    ya, i talk to steve he told me about 5 wk to get it done and about 800.00 .....2nd i been told to cut the center block out ,but i think that would change my steering would do think ???

GERONIMO

lilrick
    that's a tough call. If you plan on keeping the boat ,I would put a berkley in it.I did this conversion and picked up 15MPH!!

wrenchdaddy
    If you're lookng for a serious rooster tail don't get the one from Panther that wil run you the $800. They only get a couple feet out of the water. There is a company that is supposedly making a conversion piece that bolts to the panther jet intake and then a berk can be bolted to it, I don;t know if its in production yet though. I haven't heard of any other custom diverter jobs that ever turned out but I made a diverter for mine, not really a bolt on piece, I kind of turned the pump housing into a diverter but it will throw a pretty decent roost, a lot higher than needed but looks awesome. Here's a pic of it about 3/4 of the way up.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._rooster_2.jpg