Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Save the Channel......I can't make it so you guys should!

Channel Rat
    Dear All In and Around Lake Havasu
    Please, hopefully a large number of other local boating families in
    protesting Harvey's attempt to
    close the Channel. If you've read the paper lately or listened to the
    voices of reason on local
    radio you know the ridiculous scope of what Harvey wants to do and the
    disastrous effect it will
    have on business.
    No one disputes that there are times when less than desirable people
    and actions occur on the
    channel, that should and is being well taken care of through
    enforcement. However, to remove a
    favored area from the use of locals that enjoy...and respect...the
    privilege is yet a further step
    over the line by a Mayor and some members of a Council that are grossly
    out of touch with the
    community.
    We'll be beaching this Sunday, January 8th around noon, replete with a
    banner that will read
    "Hands off OUR Channel, Harvey." Please join us for what should be a
    sunny and (yeah right) warm
    day on the channel. We need a show of community support to make a
    visible statement to Harvey and
    the rest of the J5 and to emphasize the rallying cry of "ENOUGH." What
    better way than to fill the
    channel even on a winter weekend!
    Please, those of you with email lists that are more extensive than
    mine, if you are in agreement,
    forward this message. Look forward to seeing you on the water on
    Sunday.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to
    prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from
    keeping their own arms." -Samuel Adams, debates & Proceedings in the
    Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87.
    And the enemies of any republic say....
    "We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of
    ordinary Americans ..." Bill Clinton (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)
    "One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ... Make mass searches
    and hold executions for found arms." --V.I. Lenin.

NOTALENT
    One of your first few posts, but I like it....Welcome newbie.. :rollside:

Channel Rat
    Thanks hope there will be a big turn out to show Harvey what the locals really want. Not his own agenda.

PhantomChaos
    Ttt

Channel Rat
    Ttt
    Thanks for posting. I dont post much but i think this one is way important. Closing the channel would just make more issues then the mayor is really thinking about. Harvey seems to be some what Like Sono Bono was in Palm Springs pushing his own agenda.

Havasu1986
    Channel Rat Do you have the pontoon with Cannel Rat on the back of your boat. If so I can see why your so concerned becuse every time I go in the channel I see your boat with wife and dog.

Channel Rat
    Channel Rat Do you have the pontoon with Cannel Rat on the back of your boat. If so I can see why your so concerned becuse every time I go in the channel I see your boat with wife and dog.
    Nope we do have a pontoon but no thats not our boat. The concern is the more the city tries to scare people away. It will have a long term affect. Those of you that do have second homes here may decide its not worth it and drive the property values down here. Long term aspect of non tourism. As much as sometimes the crowed town is a pain. Its because of the tourist that we have gained some things to.

HighRoller
    Oh please! :cry: You're telling me with a straight face that if people can't sit on their asses in the channel all day that Havasu will dry up and blow away? I look at it another way. I went to Havasu regularly since the early 70's until the post-MTV BS started up. I'm sure others have stopped going there as well for the same reason. Maybe the Mayor has heard from those who have had ENOUGH of people coming in from out of town and treating their town like a garbage pit and strip bar and polluting the channel to toxic levels. We all saw this coming from a mile away in light of the shutdowns at the Sandbar. When people cannot police their own behavior, others have to do it for them. The fact that you're trying to blame the Mayor for the consequences of bad behavior in the channel is ridiculous. The bad apples brought this upon themselves.

Oh please! :cry: You're telling me with a straight face that if people can't sit on their asses in the channel all day that Havasu will dry up and blow away? I look at it another way. I went to Havasu regularly since the early 70's until the post-MTV BS started up. I'm sure others have stopped going there as well for the same reason. Maybe the Mayor has heard from those who have had ENOUGH of people coming in from out of town and treating their town like a garbage pit and strip bar and polluting the channel to toxic levels. We all saw this coming from a mile away in light of the shutdowns at the Sandbar. When people cannot police their own behavior, others have to do it for them. The fact that you're trying to blame the Mayor for the consequences of bad behavior in the channel is ridiculous. The bad apples brought this upon themselves.
    I agree well said, im tired of the crap around here.
    we have lived here for seventeen years and it's
    pretty bad when you cant even take your kids
    out on the weekend becouse of what they might
    see. i dont think closing the channel will help but
    somthing needs to be done.

Channel Rat
    i dont agree. I live here now and started comming here 10 years ago. We dont live in the 70's any more just like people in the 70's got upset that things changed from the 50's. With each year that pass everything changes. Some changes we agree with and some we dont. But it has happened in other places if you stiffle the tourism in a town where tourism is a major reason why we have grown then you will stiffle the economy. Its already happened here. The working class people struggle to even be able to afford a house right now because the wages are far less then the cost of living. Its time this town woke up tourism is how this town was started and thrives. Take a look. The police gain alot of revenue from the tourists as well as the local store oweners. Hire more police. Just like they do in other towns during busy seasons. I dont agree with the actions of the few down in the channel but with but it needs to be useable for the locals as well as the tourists. And Like Keith said on another post it got worse after the partial closers last year not better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast