Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy Sh!t - I didnt know what I had!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I just pulled off my heads on my 455 olds. Come to find out that it is .60 over with sleevs. I have another one I ws going to rebuild that is .30 over. My question is do I rebuild the block that is .60 over or the .30 over. The block that is .60 over has a frozen cam. I will be taking it to the machine shop this week to see if they can save it. They both need a cam,rings and bearings. What do you guys think???

Jordy
    Sounds like you have two potential anchors... time to switch over to Bow-tie power. Sorry, just had to be the first one in an Olds thread to suggest it.
    Jordy

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    jordanpaulk:
    Sounds like you have two potential anchors... time to switch over to Bow-tie power. Sorry, just had to be the first one in an Olds thread to suggest it.
    Jordy Jordy I cant wait untill I get my boat back in the water. I just wanna sit on the beach at saguaro and open a cold drink and talk about my roooooooooosssssttteeerrr!!! I know I have 2 anchors now but I know I will have one hell of a rooster. I am going bigger on my wedges. I have a 5 and 6 degree but I am switching to a 6 and a 6!! I wont race you in this boat but I will race you when my 454 BIG BLOCK CHEVY is ready for my other hull. For some odd ass reason Jordy I loike you. Maybe its because we grew up in the same area!!

Jordy
    What's all this race talk? I don't race people in my slow jet boat... 50 mph won't get me anywhere when it comes to racing.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    jordanpaulk:
    What's all this race talk? I don't race people in my slow jet boat... 50 mph won't get me anywhere when it comes to racing. Jordy your so full of Sh!!!!!t and you know it! I have seen you run. I thought I saw a bright ass yellow boat blow by a big ass boat comming from the back of the lake! Was that you...... naw it was someone else!!

Jordy
    Wasn't me. Must have been some other bright ass yellow boat. wink

HOSS
    If it already is sleeved, I`d go with the 60 bore. Sleeves can be replaced. 15 yrs ago, sleeves were a scary thing, not anymore!
    Gotta love those bench racing fags!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by HOSS:
    [QB]If it already is sleeved, I`d go with the 60 bore. Sleeves can be replaced. 15 yrs ago, sleeves were a scary thing, not anymore!
    That makes me feel even better. I just hope I can save it because the cam is frozen to the bearings. You can still see some bearing left in it though. Would I have to get oversized cam bearings?

malcolm
    How's the bore look in the .030 block? I wouldn't want to screw around with blue cam bores.

HOSS
    Oversized cam bearings? No, let a shop look at it. It could be almost broken meaning broken camshaft (warped if you will). The most important thing is to let a machine shop do the work. Line bore, etc. If there is a lot of rust in the cylinders, it may not be able to clean up with a bore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast