Thread: FE connecting rod

After firing the 390 in the Stevens, I put some water to it and, yup, got a milkshake. Had a knock when it warmed up, too. I pulled the intake suspecting the gaskets were the problem (I'm still sure the were), but figured I'd pull the heads and replace the head gaskets since I was already there. When I got the heads off, I spun the motor and checked the pistons and cylinders. The cylinders had water in them and a couple are rusted (go figure), but whe I brought #2 to TDC it stuck up about .025". WTF? Well, I figured I found the knock, so proceeded to yank the engine ans start tearing it down.
    This engine shows VERY little evidence of being run, and pulling the rods caps confirmed it... the bearings are like new. I figured I'd pull #2 out and check it as well as another to compare it to. Sure enough, some frickin super genious put a FT long rod in #2 (C7TE-A?) and the other 7 are C1EA-B's. Now I need 1 rod the replace the long rod so I can reassemble this thing. Just a rant, but WTH, how can you miss a piston sticking ABOVE the deck? Guess that's why I got the boat so cheap......

Floored
    Sounds like a perfect E-BAY ad. Hate to part with it but my ROD is too long and wont stay in the hole. open the bidding!!!!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    Sounds like a perfect E-BAY ad. Hate to part with it but my ROD is too long and wont stay in the hole. open the bidding!!!!!
    LMAO