Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has the most NCAA championships

Seadog
    I have never heard of anyone making a living playing volleyball, but I guess it is one of those Cali things. Most of the wrestlers at OSU are training for the olympics. In fact, the top rated heavy weight transfered from Iowa to OSU to learn freestyle when he failed to make the last team. He has won over 80 matches without a loss.
    While I appreciate volleyball as an activity (I used to compete on a military team), I think it is more an intermural sport. Most people I know would consider it and water polo as rich kids sports. Ivy league and all that rah rah like crewing. Of course, no one around here would spend tens of thousands on a Honda Civic and call it a race car. Skate board yes, but not a race car. I realize that it is all perspective, but I consider them as national a sport as surfing or skiing.
    Besides, look at the size of OSU compared to UCLA, USC and them. We have 6 golf championships in a small community that is not very all-round weather friendly for golfers. We do have one of the finest golf courses in the nation due to our golfing program.

Seadog
    My nephew makes a great living coaching rock climbing, including the U.S. Team, but I would not consider that a major sport. He makes his money by teaching rich kids how to climb. I am also aware that a lot of schools are adding climbing walls to their facilities. However, I would not consider it a noteworthy sport. I think that any sport should have at least a 60-75% participation in any level to be consider a true national championship.

Seadog
    Based on that theory, New York and SoCal should dictate all the laws we have. The ruling of the most populous over the least populous was one of the hardest fought battles of the constitutional convention. It is why the Senate is the top chamber of Congress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12