Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic

syke-o
    So whats the latest on this place?? I was thinking of doing a little run over this week... How are the coppers?? are they still harassing everyone?? is the water clean? and how is the water temp??

MagicMtnDan
    Hopefully RD will give everyone an update since he was supposed to go there this past weekend (to sell his boat).

syke-o
    i think it might be the best choice of local lakes between elsinore and perris....

Get415
    The MAN is still tryin to put a case on somebody .... IMO its worth the xtra 15 mins up to Pyramid. Nobody eyeballin you as soon as you come in the gate, tryin to do safety inspections at the ramp and then gettin pulled over for speed when you haven't even got up on plane yet (they show you the radar from the last guy they stopped at 47mph????)
    But hey other than that its a swell place, have a blast

RitcheyRch
    Make the extra drive up to Pyramid. Much nicer lake.

syke-o
    The MAN is still tryin to put a case on somebody .... IMO its worth the xtra 15 mins up to Pyramid. Nobody eyeballin you as soon as you come in the gate, tryin to do safety inspections at the ramp and then gettin pulled over for speed when you haven't even got up on plane yet (they show you the radar from the last guy they stopped at 47mph????)
    But hey other than that its a swell place, have a blast
    sounds like you had a fun time on your last trip.... :220v: they check you for booze and safety violations via a pre launch inspection now??

RiverDave
    I went out to Castaic this last weekend, and we didn't have any problems? I just waved to the cops, and they waved back. We went back to what used to be party cove, and beached the boat, and had a good time for most of the day! I'd go back to Castaic again.. I don't think it's as cool as it used to be when everything was pretty relaxed, but it's still a very fun lake.
    Incidentally, we just paid the $$ signed a disclaimer, and launched the boat. Nobody checked us for anything? Wouldn't matter if they did becuase we were legal 6 ways to sunday, but again we weren't "harassed" or anything of the sort.
    RD

Jyruiz
    Pyramid is nice, but if you don't spend the night there, then there is a good chance you won't get in.

Pyramid sucks ASS!

LAPII
    Castaic has chilled out on the anal rules. But you do have to watch out for the Sheriff's helicopter back in the northern cove looking for drinkers. Water has warmed up now.
    Pyramid better sandbar, but they still have all the green particles floating in the lake, just doesnt look right.
    So Castaic gets the nod and it's closer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast