Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Chamber of Commerce (email)

Ultrafied
    Sad how now everyone is up in arms about the possibility of not being able to park/party in the channel. Well guess what, the city is NOT TO BLAME !! You the boaters who "Hang" there that get stupidly drunk, show your women off naked, disregard the law, leave your trash, steal from your fellow boaters, ghetto thug "new wave boater" are the ones to BLAME !!. Instead of getting on the city, maybe you should be directing your letters to the Police dept requesting more oversight to eliminate the "dirtbags", then the channel might stay open to those who just want to have "fun". Once again don't blame someone else for your lack of common sense or the law !!! So lets see what has been closed or lost due to boater irresponsibility.
    1. Copper Canyon
    2. Sandbar
    3. The Channel
    Whats next Steamboat Cove !!!!!
    I to see it as slightly amusing. If they close the Channel to mooring, it really wouldn't be a case of heart failure for me. I never go in on holdiays and when I do stop on off weekends, it may be for an hour. I find it more enjoyable in the coves or running the boat up and down the lake.
    Personally, I think the Channel has gotten out of hand, both with boaters and non-boaters, but that is just my opinion.

Mr. Naudio
    Mine is sent and will try to be there on Sunday

That Guy
    ttt

shadow
    Sad how now everyone is up in arms about the possibility of not being able to park/party in the channel. Well guess what, the city is NOT TO BLAME !! You the boaters who "Hang" there that get stupidly drunk, show your women off naked, disregard the law, leave your trash, steal from your fellow boaters, ghetto thug "new wave boater" are the ones to BLAME !!. Instead of getting on the city, maybe you should be directing your letters to the Police dept requesting more oversight to eliminate the "dirtbags", then the channel might stay open to those who just want to have "fun". Once again don't blame someone else for your lack of common sense or the law !!! So lets see what has been closed or lost due to boater irresponsibility.
    1. Copper Canyon
    2. Sandbar
    3. The Channel
    Hey huffpowder, :idea:
    Naw, forget it.

Kilrtoy
    I have to disagree with HUFFPOWER,
    Most of the people on this forum are very law abiding, clean up after themselves and respect others. I am also unaware of any of the members showing off their women naked in the channel. Most on these forums are more educated in-regards to boating, than the general boating community.
    Most of these people you speak of are renters of boats and/or in the extreme minority. Most members do not get stupidly drunk either.

shadow
    I have to disagree with HUFFPOWER,
    Most of the people on this forum are very law abiding, clean up after themselves and respect others. I am also unaware of any of the members showing off their women naked in the channel. Most on these forums are more educated in-regards to boating, than the general boating community.
    Most of these people you speak of are renters of boats and/or in the extreme minority. Most members do not get stupidly drunk either.
    Thanks Kilr! Well put.I had to bite my tounge with huffs last post.
    He obviously doesn't associate or know many people from these fourms.
    The majority i've met are curtious boaters that pick up after themselves and
    I only wish they have thier women take thier clothes off.

That Guy
    1. Copper Canyon
    2. Sandbar
    3. The Channel
    This is the type of ignorance that I find very amusing. First of all, overbroad, generalizations like the one above are just plain dumb and inaccurate. I haven't met a nicer group of people than the boat owners on this board and for the most part the people in the channel. Kilr is exactly right in that the only disrespectful people we have ever seen in the channel are the renters, the 25 person sausage fests and the people who drag their coolers to the channel and then throw their trash everywhere. This is by far NOT the majority of boat owners and most assuredly, NOT boat owners in this forum. So, lets stop spreading misnomers and misinformation and stop crackpot Harvey from ruining the lake we love and the businesses who depend on our spending.....

purrfecttremor
    Hey Huffpower most of us are mature enough to be concerned about the enviorment around Us. I really take offence to the Your comments in general.Most of My friends that can afford 100k boats and act as adults!!!!!!!! :argue:

That Guy
    Hey Huffpower most of us are mature enough to be concerned about the enviorment around Us. I really take offence to the Your comments in general.Most of My friends that can afford 100k boats and act as adults!!!!!!!! :argue:
    That is a really good point. When you take a look on a typical weekend in the channel and see the amounts of money that have been spent on these boats, most people who purchase a $100k+ boat haven't been able to do so by being irresponsible.

H20 Toie
    That is a really good point. When you take a look on a typical weekend in the channel and see the amounts of money that have been spent on these boats, most people who purchase a $100k+ boat haven't been able to do so by being irresponsible.
    Unless you talk to my ex she will tell you how irresponsible i am :yuk:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast