Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running Problem...NEED HELP

Mr. Crusader 83
    I Have Plenty Of Fire. Zapped The Shit Out Of Me.... Im Thinking Fuel Pump And New Fuel Strainer. From What You Guys Have Told Me...
    Thanks For Your Help

Mr. Crusader 83
    After I Fix It......
    Anyone Want To Buy It????

boater012
    From what your describing it sounds fuel related. If its been sitting awhile do a compression test just to be on the safe side. 454's are known to have valve springs go weak after a period of time. check to make sure you are getting spark at ALL the cylinders and not just at the coil. my dos pennies

Red Rocket
    Does it have a water seperator? Check for a little water in the float bowls.

BrendellaJet
    From what your describing it sounds fuel related. If its been sitting awhile do a compression test just to be on the safe side. 454's are known to have valve springs go weak after a period of time. check to make sure you are getting spark at ALL the cylinders and not just at the coil. my dos pennies
    Just curious why 454's in particular would have the springs go bad after sitting. Aren't they all made with the same sh!t?

bradbigsley
    It sounds like water in the fuel to me.. i had the same problem begining of last season. it ran great with no load.. soon as i got on it bla bla poof. i forgot to replace my water seperator.. do you have one?

Boatcop
    Sounds identical to a problem I had, but on a 455.
    I ended up replacing all fuel lines, carb inlet filter, dumping the cannister filter for a spin-on separator, and new directional valves.
    The boat had been garaged for a number of years, so I figured it would be better safe than sorry, and replaced everything.
    Haven't had a problem since.

Mr. Crusader 83
    yes i have a water sep. i replaced it the end of last year. the boat sat outside so far this winter. i put it back in garage last weekend
    i think im going to check the float bowls and replace the water sep and fuel lines. maybe a new mech fuel pump and i will see where im at from there.
    you guys are geat ...
    thanks alot

I had a similar problem and it ended up being crap in the tank. It would idle fine but when I went for more it would clog the pick up. I installed 1/2" pick ups and cleaned the tanks. All good now.

atxwrangler
    my money is on a plugged fuel filter, probably no need to replace the lines,sounds like its starving for gas!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast