Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rogers circle boat history

GREENLEAF13
    Just recently aquired this boat, 1975? rogers bonneville. Looks llike a circle race boat?, was hoping someone might know the history or recognize it. Pretty interesting setup, 454 with banks twin turbos, cav plates with override pedal and fairly large fin under center of boat. As soon as i saw it i new i had to have it, mostly because its so different from anything else ive seen. Thanks for any info in advance.

MikeF
    Don't know anything about it,.....but I be it's fast!
    I don't think there was a turbo class for jet boats??!

GREENLEAF13
    Just assuming its a race boat cause of the #'s, or else someone wanted to build a fast lake boat that TURNED! Here's a few more pics.

almost looks like the bottom has had some repair to it, waay cool boat too!
    looks like the skeg they had on "Single fin yellow"! (surf movie)
    Todd

atxwrangler
    nice find,i like the twin turbo,you will too!

1978 Rogers
    I thought all Bonneville TR had the drop chine on the outside. That looks like the Cyclone.

victorfb
    I thought all Bonneville TR had the drop chine on the outside. That looks like the Cyclone.
    the 18' and 19' were both Bonnevilles. the 19' added the dropped chines, hense the "TR" added to the name. the Cyclone was an earlier hull made by rogers father. they were weiman cyclones, not rogers cyclones.
    nice find with the boat btw. could you post a clearer pic of the bottom? almost looks like some special work was done to flatten it out a bit more. hard to tell in the pic.

GREENLEAF13
    almost looks like the bottom has had some repair to it, waay cool boat too!
    looks like the skeg they had on "Single fin yellow"! (surf movie)
    Todd
    I noticed that also, it seems to me someone put some sort of sealer around the fin, it has the same around the very edges of the pump, probably had leaks? Regardless i'll soon be flipping the boat to repair it and repaint the complete hull, seems real solid except for some stress cracks in the rear deck corners. The motor is another story, sounds real strong but has a rod knock (sucks) so the motor is coming out for a rebuild, heads supposedly are fresh, we'll see. Definitly got a fairly big project ahead of me but i think it'll be well worth it. I really love these rogers hulls, really classic looking boat, and i hear they ride great also. P.S. was your rogers a feature in ***boat a year or so back? if so, its a beautiful boat, one of the boats that made me start looking for a rogers!

LOWRIVER2
    Send a PM to Vdrive Video here. He has an old article on Mel Bacon's VON BACON EXPRESS which was the same hull. Talk to Jack Mcclure at Marine Performance Design as he raced circle jets and might even remember this boat if it ran NJBA.

GREENLEAF13
    the 18' and 19' were both Bonnevilles. the 19' added the dropped chines, hense the "TR" added to the name. the Cyclone was an earlier hull made by rogers father. they were weiman cyclones, not rogers cyclones.
    nice find with the boat btw. could you post a clearer pic of the bottom? almost looks like some special work was done to flatten it out a bit more. hard to tell in the pic.
    It does appear that the hull has been flattened just before the intake. The bottom is rounded from the front back to the fin area and from the fin back there is a flatter area tapering back to the intake. I also just noticed that the fins on the intake are different shapes, the left one looks stock, aside from being knife edged, and the rt is considerably shorter and rounded, also knife edged. could this be for helping to load the pump in lt turn only situations? (see attatched pic). All the hardware seems to have been sharpened, rounded or massaged in some way or another. It also has a stainless impellar (not sure what size) that shows signs of work. By the way my camera sucks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast