Thread: 36v golf cart radio install

slink
    Anyone have a wireing diagram that will help me out? looking to put a cd player in (2002 ezgo 36v)and wanted it wired to the ignition switch so the little lady and kids don't leave it on all night. Also looking over at buggies unlimited but no luck so far. Thanks

essexjet
    Anyone have a wireing diagram that will help me out? looking to put a cd player in (2002 ezgo 36v)and wanted it wired to the ignition switch so the little lady and kids don't leave it on all night. Also looking over at buggies unlimited but no luck so far. Thanks
    Get with Casean or MrsCasean they are the golf cart guru's.

Mrs. casean
    I don't think we're much help here actually. We never had anyone ask for that. We just take out the face plate on the stereo so the kids don't play w/ it or it doesn't get left on. If I hear of anything to work I'll let you know though!

sigepmock
    On my 36V GC I just tapped into two of the 6volt batteries from the positve of one to the negative of the second one, 6v + 6V =12v kinda idea. I then ran one of those leads through the extra switched pole on the key. If you don't have an extra pole on the switch grab a voltage tester and see what kind of power is coming of the existing switched wires, match that switched voltage with a relay that feeds the stereo. It's always a good idea to feed the stereo with a relay to to be safe when cranking the tunes.
    Hope this helps,
    Chris

Nubbs
    Slink,
    When installing radios on 36 volt carts, I have always run the radio from two of the six volt batteries as sigepmock said. I also instal a seperate switch with relay to control power to the radio. You could use a 2 position key switch, like the switches used for carts with lights. Send me a pm or email if you want. There are many different ways to do this.
    Nubbs

slink
    Slink,
    When installing radios on 36 volt carts, I have always run the radio from two of the six volt batteries as sigepmock said. I also instal a seperate switch with relay to control power to the radio. You could use a 2 position key switch, like the switches used for carts with lights. Send me a pm or email if you want. There are many different ways to do this.
    Nubbs
    Thanks Nubbs, I got it figured out Saturday. I picked up a voltage meter and played around till I grabbed 12 volts. The only thing that was weird was that it came from 2 negative post. I ended up putting an in line fuse from both leads and a seperate switch in the dash. It turned out better than expected. Used a dremel on the ball mount area of the dash, which was a little sketchy, but it fits like a glove. Best part is I saved 250 bones (average of estimates for installs around here). Thanks