Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outward Bound.....

boatsnblondes
    Well, the time has come, Chris and I are signing docs tomarrow afternoon for our new home up near Modesto, Ca. After 17 years with UP, I have accepted a position as an Engineer for Amtrak, Northern California. the vector is nearly done, and we are looking forward to some great laketime up there in August, as soon as I finish my schooling in Wilmington, Delaware. Here is a shot of our new home.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attac...id=14961&stc=1
    Of course, the flags and the fencing are gone, the house was the model for the development, and even though I wanted to keep the flagpoles, Chris said no.
    While I am new on here, I feel like I have really gotten to know you guys, and gals, and wish I could have gotten to know you all better. You always have a place to stay if you ever come up. For those of you in Northern Cal, I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends up there, our home is in Riverpointe off Yosemite in Waterford...look forward to some great times. Thank you all for being the best group of people I have ever met on a mesage board....take care and the Lord Bless and keep you all.

jbone
    Don't you get ***boat on the internet there?LOL
    Just because you move doesn't mean you have to sign off.
    Unless I'm missing something.
    We haven't met, but good luck.
    J

RitcheyRch
    Nice house and good luck on the move.

deltarat
    Congrats on your new house and job. I quess you will now be able to join us for some Delta Lunch Runs and such.

DelawareDave
    If you need some assistance while in Wilmington, De, send me a pm.
    DD

Burn Out
    Good luck!
    Do you still keep the benefits, still same union?
    How fast does the Amtrak train run out there?
    Congrats!

JB in so cal
    Go to Lake Tullock! Good!

boatsnblondes
    I'll still be on here, but from up there....is the Sacramento Delta salt or fresh water???

boatsnblondes
    Burn out, yes, I still keep all the benefits....all the vacation, the health, dental, vision, pl days, and retirement stay the same. All that starts over is my seniority. But, in a few years all be home at night and have weekends off, something that I'll never get in frieght till my last five years, and that is on a local somewhere, and I HATE locals. So this is a good move, I can watch the kids play little league...when we get around to having them.... :rollside: As for speed, someplaces are 79, others are slower, just depends on where you are. I'll be running out of Sac. to San Jose, south to Bakersfield, and North to Klamath falls, or from Jack London to Sparks of south to Bakersfield also....lots of variety...I'll mostly run out of Sacramento though.....hope to see you aboard!!!!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    ...is the Sacramento Delta salt or fresh water???
    Fresh to Brackish to Salt!

In that order !!!!
    CJG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast