Thread: going small block and need some parts

jshirley78
    Im thinking Im going to ditch my 427 tall deck and go small block so, I need some parts, Im looking for about everything for a small block ford (302) setup in my jet boat (I have a complete 302 with gt40 heads and intake and thats whats driving the switch) I have several BB chevy parts that I would be willing to part with if some one is looking to trade

dmontzsta
    302s rock.
    You can make plenty of power with them and they are light.

blown428fe
    Why the big change?

victorfb
    i do love the 302 fords, but wouldnt a 350 chevy be an easier swap?

Nucking futs
    just stay with the big block.You will thank yourself later.
    I have a 350 chevy complete efi with wireharness and brain if anyone is interested. 600 takes it.Also a 700r4 trans for a few $$ more. will seperate too.
    Tim

Aluminum Squirt
    Small blocks rule. I especially like the SBC/Aluminum Boat combo. At the white water races, there are many a SBC powered boat going over 100 MPH. Most guys here will tell you to stick with a BB, I sort of think they're right unless your combo is pretty lite, or your set up on the SB is dead on and you are making good HP. Good luck-Aluminum Squirt

BrendellaJet
    I agree, put the 302 in a mustang. Leave the big block. A 302 will kick some ass in the right app, (mustang) but your typical jet needs a big block.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Don't know how your 427 is set up, but there just isn't a thing you can do to get that 302 to twist on a jet pump like you can get that 427 to (same mods to both). Giving up 125 cubes, at least that much torque, and even more HP. Unlless you have a feather for a boat (well, ok, a small exageration there), you'll be dissapointed. Also, in order to get enough RPM to make usable HP, you're gonna have to run a smaller impeller, maybe 2 cuts, reducing your holeshot in the interest of top end RPM to try to get peak speed. I'd find a better use for the 302 IMO.