Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sad day

phebus
    Well, after 24 years in the fire service, today was my last day. I was retired out, with my bad back. Four surgeries later, the last being a three level fusion, left me unfit to perform my duties.
    You can't imagine how hard it was going to headquarters, and turning in my gear, and handing over my badge.
    I was very lucky to have my passion as my profession, and that is what made it so tough, I wasn't ready to go.
    Life goes on, and I will get over this speed bump of life, but for now, it's a tough road.
    Can't feel sorry for myself though, at least I got to live a dream.................

shadow
    Congrats on your 24 years,I'm sure in that time you've helped alot of
    people in time of need.
    Now do some boating and enjoy yourself.

C-2
    On the flipside, congrats on your retirement! Thanks for your service.

little rowe boat
    Im sorry you had to go before you were ready. I know what the job does to the body, so maybe it is for the best for you and your family. Time to move onto your next passion whatever it may be.
    Best of luck
    Jeff.
    IAFF local 1067

Riverkid
    Sorry for the dumb question, but why would they not let retirees keep their badges???

dicudmore
    congrats on your retirement Rick
    Now, how is the back doing and when will we see you at the river??

hoolign
    Sorry for the dumb question, but why would they not let retirees keep their badges???
    Go back there and get your badge!..they can't fire you
    Kudo's on how much good you have done! Time to become a consultant! ( it pays better for less work )

phebus
    Actually, it will be presented back to me on a plaque at a retirement tribute that is held twice a year for those that have retired.

Daytona100
    Wow doing what you love for 24 years that would be considered the Dream run. Now its time to have the same run with your family and friends. Well good luck and do lots of boating. Wish I was retired!!

phebus
    congrats on your retirement Rick
    Now, how is the back doing and when will we see you at the river??
    I'm moving to Havasu full time in June when my daughter graduates from high school, so you will see me there all the time.
    I will be known as Shadow's neighbor.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast