Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Gauges

Tom Brown
    Where's a rim shot when you need one???
    Has anyone seen Roman 1 around lately? :idea:

Jbb
    ... so it only needs to read to 6v.
    In a world without sarcasm....Brown would dry up and blow away... .................

Old Texan
    Just something about digital that doesn't fit the Cobra feel. All I've seen of your car is the pix when doing the hoodscoop. IMO the Cobra image is one of low key, spartan, raw, powerful. Standard needle gauges just fit the image right. Cobras just exude untamed power.
    Digital fits more the exotic type sports car.
    Hope that makes sense. Love to see some pix, those cars are great.
    My son in law builds drag cars and when I move back to TX we're thinking of a Cobra project. His tube frame and buy just the body. Small block with a turbo.
    He's got a couple drag racing buddies here in GA that have some awesome 10.5 Outlaw cars.

Jbb
    Just something about digital that doesn't fit the Cobra feel. All I've seen of your car is the pix when doing the hoodscoop. IMO the Cobra image is one of low key, spartan, raw, powerful. Standard needle gauges just fit the image right. Cobras just exude untamed power.
    Digital fits more the exotic type sports car.
    Hope that makes sense. Love to see some pix, those cars are great.
    My son in law builds drag cars and when I move back to TX we're thinking of a Cobra project. His tube frame and buy just the body. Small block with a turbo.
    He's got a couple drag racing buddies here in GA that have some awesome 10.5 Outlaw cars.
    My Cobra is not in the ...replicar mold of the original looking ones...Its more pro street than pro original.....I was gonna put the autometer Carbon face gauges in it....but the blue digitals caught my eye...

Tom Brown
    In a world without sarcasm....Brown would dry up and blow away... .................
    I dig irony and shit.

Jbb
    I dig irony and shit.
    This place drips with it.....7 days a week too.....lol...

Powerquestboy
    [QUOTE=Old Texan]Just something about digital that doesn't fit the Cobra feel. All I've seen of your car is the pix when doing the hoodscoop. IMO the Cobra image is one of low key, spartan, raw, powerful. Standard needle gauges just fit the image right. Cobras just exude untamed power. QUOTE]
    Bingo...I agree 100% No Digi. That car is way too classic! That car shouldnt even have a stereo. Nothing but fiberglass and motor.

Jbb
    [QUOTE=Old Texan]Just something about digital that doesn't fit the Cobra feel. All I've seen of your car is the pix when doing the hoodscoop. IMO the Cobra image is one of low key, spartan, raw, powerful. Standard needle gauges just fit the image right. Cobras just exude untamed power. QUOTE]
    Bingo...I agree 100% No Digi. That car is way too classic! That car shouldnt even have a stereo. Nothing but fiberglass and motor.
    No stereo...If you look at the dash pic.....there is room for an old stlye {din?}
    stereo in the dash plate...that section of the plate is gonna get cut off when the new gauges go in...
    No top...no heater ....no stereo...{you couldn't hear one anyway }
    If you follow the link in my [and Browns ] sig...you can see some of the build up of this car
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...DSCF0023co.JPG

Sleek-Jet
    No stereo...If you look at the dash pic.....there is room for an old stlye {din?}
    stereo in ths dash plate...that section of the plate is gonna get cut off when the new gauges go in...
    No top...no heater ....no stereo...{you couldn't hear one anyway }
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...DSCF0023co.JPG
    Your scoop is backwards... and I can't see it, but I bet the gear shift looks like it came out of Pinto...

Jbb
    Your scoop is backwards... and I can't see it, but I bet the gear shift looks like it came out of Pinto...
    The scoop is no longer backwards... http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...DSCF0044cc.JPG
    and the shifter is now a Hurst quarter stick......no more Pinto shifters for me...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast