Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else ever have a problem with...

Kokopelli
    their air conditioner circuit breaker tripping in their RV. We just bought a new trailer and the breaker keeps popping. We didn't have a problem for the first month, but now that it is getting hot we are having the problem.
    Other RV's in our park are having the problem, but the park says the electricity is good.
    Any ideas?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Does it have 50 amp service? If it does the park is lying!

soupersonic
    Other RV's in our park are having the problem, but the park says the electricity is good.
    Any ideas?
    Theres the problem right there.The "park" probably had some yahoo check it that didnt know what the heck he was looking for.I would put an amprobe on it to see exactly what i was getting.Its probably not enough and its overheating your unit causing it to trip.

THOR
    Two things. Use the larger amp connector at the park. Also, put in a larger amp breaker in your panel. We had to do that at Havasu. It wasnt bad. Just roll down to Home Depot and buy a larger breaker and slap her in. Pretty much the same style that you find in your house.

JB in so cal
    When it trips,go up topand check to see if your compressor is frozen.

Outnumbered
    ...put in a larger amp breaker in your panel...
    I'd talk to few electricians about this before I did it. Its tripping for a reason. Running a larger breaker is a band-aid fix that may start a fire or fry some wires. I'm not an electrician but seems a little dangerous.

buzzaro
    Two things. Use the larger amp connector at the park. Also, put in a larger amp breaker in your panel. We had to do that at Havasu. It wasnt bad. Just roll down to Home Depot and buy a larger breaker and slap her in. Pretty much the same style that you find in your house.
    Just wad up some tin foil and throw it in there.......works like a champ :messedup:

Kokopelli
    There is 50 amp service available, but I only have a 30 amp trailer. Can I use an adaptor to plug into the 50 amp to make sure I am getting a full 30?

Kokopelli
    Try turning the A/C up to 65.
    Now that I think about it.... I didn't have a problem until after you came over that night... hmmmm

soupersonic
    There is 50 amp service available, but I only have a 30 amp trailer. Can I use an adaptor to plug into the 50 amp to make sure I am getting a full 30?
    You need to get a cord with wire rated for 50 amps.If its a 30 amp cord the wire is probably a 10 gauge.You need a cord that is rated for 50 amps,atleast a 8 gauge since your only pulling 30 amps max.Then it goes to the main and you will be fine there with the 30A breaker.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast