Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stringers

LGCDEVIL
    I'm changing the rail kit in my boat. I want to fill all the holes in the stringers before I make the new mounts. What's the hot tip, or anybody in OC do this kind of work?

÷קmᮆښ×÷
    there are a few ways to do it but most will be seen in the end and not hidden.. if your not going for the greatest looks then its ok.. if you want it to look like nothing was done then it will cost ya a few pennys

superdave013
    I like your circle race style rail kit. why are you changing it?

Nucking futs
    I know a guy who knows a guy that has an awesome set of tools. He can fix anything. What exactly are you doing? where will the holes be? are you running a plate on the outside of the stringers in place of stringer washers? the plate will hide the holes for the most part, but I really never looked at your set up to close.
    Tim

djdtpr
    Call this cat he does some of the best work i have seen and has done alot of work for guys that are on the boards.
    TRG custom fiberglass
    (626)991-9031

HOSS
    cut dowel pins and pop em in. Glass over.

mares98
    I'm changing the rail kit in my boat. I want to fill all the holes in the stringers before I make the new mounts. What's the hot tip, or anybody in OC do this kind of work? Yes dowels & alittle bit of fiberglass works great. recently did mine for less then $35.00

MikeF
    Give Todd a call! He will treat you GOOD and do it right.
    His shop is in Montclair. Not to far.

LGCDEVIL
    I like your circle race style rail kit. why are you changing it?
    Gotta move the motor forward. Can't do it with the old kit without drilling 16 new holes every time.

SD013, those rail kits are no good for our application.A custom made pillow block/rail mont is the only way to go in a jetboat.
    Its nice to be able to move an engine around, especially in a boat like LGC has where the CG is a major factor.In my case, Ive moved my engine as much as 9.5 inches, with that other type of mount I couldnt do this without swiss cheesed stringers.
    I'll get flamed for this, but I still question how strong some of those installs are in some of the v-drives I see at the races, both drag and circle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast