Thread: 6.5 component speakers

johnny8052
    Who makes the best 6.5 component speakers out there? would like to spend around 200 to 250 a pair and would like around 100w rms.

Sotally Tober
    Sure they are not the best, but I really like my MBQuart PCE-216. Have them in my truck and on the boat. I paid about $250 a pair online. Good luck!

KineticoH20
    MB Quart, JL or Alpine type R's

INSman
    Why make more holes than need be ?? The Polk MOMO's are just fine and look pretty damn cool.

BADASS38CHEVY
    Sure they are not the best, but I really like my MBQuart PCE-216. Have them in my truck and on the boat. I paid about $250 a pair online. Good luck!
    Those are the same speakers Im running in my boat, 7 pairs. Kick ass speaker very clear at high volume.

Jesster
    I'm running 4 MOMO 6.5's and 4 MOMO 6x9's They sound great but do start to distort when driven hard. I heard a set of the Quarts and Wow they sounded great even driven really hard. You listed watts and price and they are in your budget the Quarts are definitly a nice speaker. I havent heard the Diamond but SWB is the expert so at least take a listen.

Sotally Tober
    Why make more holes than need be ?? The Polk MOMO's are just fine and look pretty damn cool.
    One thing nice about the PCE-216 is that the tweeter can be mounted seperate or in the middle as a coaxial. Pretty cool design.

JMC
    I like the all the MB's also. I went with the cheaper RCE seperates. They can be had for 150 a pair shipped and at that price they are almost disposable.

rivercrazy
    JBL 6.5GTi's. Outstanding sounding speaker with 150 watt + power handling